sasquatch2550

PCI Simple Communications Controller ?

Hello, upgraded from xp to 7 64 bit, now touch pad wont work, downloaded drivers ALP 7.5 for that, still wont work, downloaded value added package, still nothing.  When I check device manager I have a ! with yellow triangle saying PCI Simple Communications Controller.  I cannot find and drivers for this anywhere.  My laptop is a protege m750. Any help would be appreciated Thanks!!! Jefff

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: PCI Simple Communications Controller ?

Telling us it's a Portege M750 tells us about as much as saying you drive a Ford Car.  What is the rest of the model number? 

What is the second digit of the serial number?  Do NOT post the complete serial number, just the second digit.

Did you download and follow the WIndow 7 upgrade guide from the Product Support Linka t the top of this page for your specific model?

Did you run the Toshiba Software Installer to see if it can find the missing drivers?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

fishinwa

Apparently the additional model number info and serial number blah blah doesn't really matter because I'm running a Satelliet A505 and getting the same problem. The issue is that the Windows 7 Devices and Printers Troubleshooter says: PCI Simple Communications Controller doesn't have a driver.

What's that mean cee_64 who may or may not drive a Ford Car? Why can't the Windows Troubleshooter simply find the missing driver? Is there a mysterious device attached to my laptop that I can't see? Has McAffee failed to detect some sort of virus? Are Toshiba's services not fully integrated with Windows 7?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

The need for the rest of the COMPLETE model number is due to the way Toshiba has their support download site configured.  Without all of the model number there is no way to know which model to download drivers.  The second digit of the serial number is to identify the year.  This is important to identify what method or tools are best suited for upgrading from Vista to Win 7 and/or if Toshiba is actually supporting that specific model under Win 7 by providing drivers for it.  Also, without knowing the specific model there is no way for us to know all of the hardware devices that model included.  Without knowing that, how are any of us supposed to be able to figure out what specific componant is malfunctioning or not being properly detected?  PCI Simple Communications Controller covers more than one item.  There are definite reasons why we ask the questions that we do. 

Again, without more information it's impossible to diagnose your problemm.  Windows Troubleshooter isn't foolproof.  It can't be relied upon to fix every problem.  NO AV program can detect and deal with every malware thread, and it would be impossible to create one that could due to the nature of how they work .  As for Toshiba Services being fully integrated with Windows 7, that again depends on the specific model, what Windows 7 drivers and utilities are available for it, and if they are all installed or not. 

Another problem can be what other software and hardware people have connected to the laptop.  A lot of multi-function devices will have various componants that don't always install correctly (printers, cell phones, and MP3 players are especially bad about this).  It's quite possible that one of these could have something that isn't fully installed.  This would not indicate a problem on Toshiba's part as they would have no control ove this.

Try going into Device Manager, removing any devices with an exclamation or question mark, then immediately rebooting the system to see if Windows can automatically install the necessary drivers for the device.  If that doesn't work post back with the requested details and we'll see what we can come up with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

mcr700

SOLUTION

The driver is the: Intel Management Engine Interface  (HERE)

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

The post you just answered is almost 3 years old but thanks for the thought.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit