hongjianyu
Accepted Solution

Install Windows 7 ONLY from Recovery Media

I have T135-1310 and HDD went bad. I have difficuties recover to factor default. After installation, the computer reboot itself and do "configuring system". This cycle goes again and again. every time, it become worse, lost screen resolation, lost network connection, and so on. After it finishes, there is almost nothing workable. I feel it was because the installation of those Toshiba software.

So my question is how do I install WINdows 7 only from Recovery DVD?

Thanks! 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Install Windows 7 ONLY from Recovery Media

Satellite T135-S1310

HDD went bad. 

What is the complete make and model designation of the replacement disk?

You may have one of those with advanced-format technology, which requires a newer driver.

..how do I install WINdows 7 only from Recovery DVD?

You cannot install anything from the recovery discs. You can only restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents.

-Jerry
hongjianyu

Thank you Jerry.

Here is the spec of my new HDD:

HITACHI Travelstar H2IK5001672SP (0S02858) 500GB 7200 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive

It is faster and larger than the original one. If I need a new dirver i am not sure how it could be included in recovery process.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

HITACHI Travelstar H2IK5001672SP

Yes, the Travelstar line uses advanced format.

Internal & External Hard Drives Product Reference Guide

In other cases we've seen, the restore has proceeded to completion. But then things go wrong. Drivers and Windows Update don't work. See my thread here.

After Restoring to New Hard Disk, No Windows Update - a Fix

Try the restore again and let us know exactly what happens.

-Jerry
hongjianyu

Thank you, Jerry.

I checked the information you suggested. I can not see a solution that will apply in my case because the problem prevent me restoring the system to the point that I could download and install the new driver to my new HDD. Is that right?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I'm not certain this is your problem.

But in case it is, probably best to sidestep it by acquiring a disk that does not use advanced format. There are still plenty available.

-Jerry
hongjianyu

Jerry,

I want to report that the advanced format HDD is the cause of problem. I followed someone's suggestion to install the Intel driver after Windows' recovery. But it did not work for T135. Finally when my new order of Western Digital WD3200BEVT arrived, I installed everything without any problem.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

when my new order of Western Digital WD3200BEVT arrived, I installed everything without any problem.

Happy to learn that.

Thanks for coming back to let us know.

-Jerry