goodydgotacuda

Help - Updated BIOS 2.3 with Windows 7 X64 - BIOS Password?

I downloaded the update bios from this website last night and installed it. All seemed fine until I powered it down and attempted to restart it. It is asking for a BIOS password, I've tried searching, it seems this needs to be repaired by an authorized dealer. What is going on with this? The update that is provided crashes my system? What will this cost me?!

Thanks-

goodydgotacuda

Re: Help - Updated BIOS 2.3 with Windows 7 X64 - BIOS Password?

Well I talked to Toshiba Tech Support today. As it turns out my computer is out of warranty and I am completely sol. The guy on the phone said they'd be glad to fix it for [b]$475[/b]. We all know putting $500 into a three year old laptop is never going to make sense. They told me to pound sand because I downloaded the update TOSHIBA recommended for my SPECIFIC model laptop, rendering it useless to me! After the guy from Toshiba hung up on me I procceded to search the lovely WWW. ..

Turns out I managed to fix my $475 problem with a SCREWDRIVER and removing the ram chips from the computer. Way to try and screw over a customer Toshiba. 

"install this update, if you are under warranty and it screws up...lucky you!. If not, sol, $475 or enjoy your lovely paper weight that you thought was going to be better with our fancy update". 

That is a real poor move Toshiba. Shame on you. You all there can certainly not expect myself, or anyone that remotely asks me what I think about your laptops to buy another Toshiba product. Down right WRONG!