Torreto

Drivers for windows 7 (satellite c875d)

Hi! I bought a satellite c875d-s7105 which had windows 8 pre-installed. I will send it to my parents and they aren't familiar with windows 8 so I installed windows 7 (32bit) deleting all recovery partitions for windows 8. Everything is fine except, i can't find the drivers for ethernet controller, sm bus controller, and most importantly usb controller driver. I tried the drivers on toshiba's support section, i tried driver genius professional, and driverpack solution. This is frustrating. Please help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Drivers for windows 7 (satellite c875d)

Please give us the part number for that computer. It looks something like PSCBEU-01100F.

You may need to install the 64-bit version to obtain all the drivers and utilities. (That's if we're lucky.)

-Jerry
Torreto

Sure. PSCBGU-001009

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C875D-S7105 (PSCBGU-001009)

Have I got that right?

US drivers and utilities are here. Looks like there are many for 32-bit Windows 7.

i can't find the drivers for ethernet controller, sm bus controller, and most importantly usb controller driver. I tried the drivers on toshiba's support section

The SM Bus Controller should be handled by this one.

Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility

This should take care of the Ethernet.

Atheros LAN Driver

And this should supply USB 3.0.

USB3.0 Driver

If things don't work right, it may be that they were installed in the wrong order. So far as I know, it's still best to install the chipset and display drivers prior to all the others.

-Jerry
Torreto

when i try to install the chipset driver that you provided (i remember trying before) i get this error message:

"error

this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installiing the software.

setup will exit."

:/

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Don't know what the trouble might be. I would start again with a clean install of Windows and install that one first.

-Jerry
Torreto

and i just tried all inf update utiliy/drivers on intel's website. all of them gave the same error message. so frustrating.

Torreto

i reinstalled windows twice just today. doesn't anybody have any idea??

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

doesn't anybody have any idea??

How about installing 64-bit Windows?

-Jerry
Torreto

same thing with the 64bit. i'm starting to think there is a setting in bios i need to change. i went through it several times and couldn't find anything. is this laptop out of warranty now since it doesn't have windows 8 in it anymore?
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

is this laptop out of warranty now since it doesn't have windows 8 in it anymore?

Yes. But it's back in warranty after you restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

-Jerry