Zsarina

DVD Player Missing Modules post Windows 7 upgrade

My 1st attempt to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium 32 from Uni Student online Upgrade download crashed and had to do a Factory default reset of Vista Home Premium  on

Satellite A200 model PSAF:3A-0QH0IN serial no 283374550

2nd upgrade on a clean Vista Home Premium

downloaded patches for camera bluetooth etc.

downloaded tsi4win7 run PC Diagnostic Tool

it skipped DVDplayer and everything else passed

DVD Player still won't open No Sierra Wireless

Error Message: Module/s needed for this application is/are missing. If starting the appliacation does not fix this problem. Please re-install the application  ... for both DVDplayer and Sierra Wireless

Where does one find the application ???

peruanos

Re: DVD Player Missing Modules post Windows 7 upgrade

I have the same Problem with Toshiba Satellite A505D-S6968, I message error about a module it's missing, and I can not use Toshiba DVD player, I had try many time to installation the patch, but, does not work.

I think Toshiba don't release any patch for this matter yet.

Also before installation window 7 ultimate, the system, ask me for delete ATI RADEO GRAPHICS, software, I did, but I did download a different version, so far not problem with Graphics, software.

So Toshiba Team, we need a compatibility Toshiba DVD player for Windows 7,

Miguel

Ogden Utah

margalit

I have a Satellite E105-S1402.

I am having the same problem or so it would seem.

I upgraded to Windows 7.

I was actually able to watch a dvd after the install.

But a few days later when I inserted a dvd I got an error message, something about audio I think which then turned into a blue screen. This happened a couple of times. When I recovered I restored my system to the state it was in a few days ago when I was still able to watch the dvd (with windows 7). I uninstalled the dvd player software and reinstalled it. But I keep getting a "module missing" error message.

Anything you tried that did fix the problem?

barbiesmith9191

Re: DVD Player Missing Modules post Windows 7 upgradeI installed.

margalit wrote:

I have a Satellite E105-S1402.

I am having the same problem or so it would seem.

I upgraded to Windows 7.

I was actually able to watch a dvd after the install.

But a few days later when I inserted a dvd I got an error message, something about audio I think which then turned into a blue screen. This happened a couple of times. When I recovered I restored my system to the state it was in a few days ago when I was still able to watch the dvd (with windows 7). I uninstalled the dvd player software and reinstalled it. But I keep getting a "module missing" error message.

Anything you tried that did fix the problem?

I am having the same problems. This is just started happening after I installed windows 7. I really hate I installed this program. I bought this computer for the great graphics on the Toshiba dvd player over my old HP computer.

teo1569

Try searchin google with key: "CD-ROM not recognized in windows 7"

I saw it on site: capitalhead.com

bwgolden

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite last October that came with a free windows 7 upgrade which came out in November and I installed it in November. About two months ago, I started getting the "modules missing" message also. Not sure why it waited 2-3 months to start giving me this message if it's tied to windows 7. Anyway, I tried the solution on the "capitalhead" website that was mentioned in this thread...did not work. Called Toshiba since my laptop is still under warranty and the technician looked at this thread and noticed the problem being described herein and said that he would have to have a "senior" technician call me back because it looked like it was a more complicated issue than he would be able to resolve. Now Toshiba is supposed to contact me within 24 hours. Until now, I've just exited the module message and went to "my computer" and double clicked on the cd/dvd drive and accessed the cd/dvd that way, which is why I haven't tried to find a solution yet. But yesteday, I purchased a turbotax cd and of course, got the module message, so I tried to install by going to the "my computer" route but I could not install it. I'm assuming for the same reason that the cd/dvd drive is not being recognized. TOSHIBA NEEDS A PATCH FOR THIS because it is now interferring with my tax preparation (already filed an extension but still...)
bwgolden

Toshiba tech support called me back since my laptop was under warranty and said that until Microsoft and Toshiba could come up with a patch to allow windows 7 to detect the cd/dvd drive, I would have to another player in my "Auto Play" options. Then, just to make sure...she did a search for a Toshiba DVD player that was compatible with Windows 7 and she found one and downloaded it to my laptop remotely and adjusted my player settings in my "Auto Play" options, and the new DVD player detected my cd/dvd and everything works fine now. I wish I had the link to that new player but she did it so fast that I wasn't able to write it down but if you do a search, you should be able to find it. Hope this helps!

Occasional Advisor
pacman

here's what I found

Toshiba DVD Player for Windows 7 (32/64) V3.01.0.11-A

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/app_dvd_playter_TC00214900D.exe

Toshiba DVD Player for Windows 7 (32/64) V2.50.0.11-A

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/app_dvd_player_TC00226400C.exe

Toshiba DVD Player for Windows 7 (32/64) 3.01.0.07-A

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/app_dvd_player_TC00214900B.exe

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

dwlaboy

Same issue for my L355-S7905, patch recommended did not work.

MADRIDJOE

Same issue, reinstalled the DVD player, no help.

Sure would appreciate some help fixing this.......

cleav2010

Those persons who are receiving the message about missing modules for Toshiba DVD Player (since upgrading to Windows 7)  a possible fix is to download the original dvd player (see specs below).

Version:3.00.1.04-A
Size:56,208,768 bytes
Posted:06/23/09
Released Date:06/08/09
Applicable Categories:Application, DVD
Operating System:Windows 7 (32bit), Windows 7 (64bit), Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64

Then uninstall the current problem application and install the the file you downloaded.

I did and it works fine. here is the link.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=241396... 

You can also obtain the link using the toshiba downloads page.

Hope that helps.

kosovo

I downloaded the first link and after following the string to the app folder, was able to find the setup file and reran the program...Toshiba dvd player loaded right away, thanks

bstbsh

Thanks for this info, Pacman. I've been looking for a solution for several weeks since upgrading my P210D to Windows 7. Downloading through the V2.50 link seems to have cured the problem for me: strangely, trying to get V2.50 through Toshiba's updater tool didn't work at all, producing the same missing module message.

I found you have to uninstall the earlier version first or nothing happens.

CalvinRichardson

Pac-man your info was right on the money . You keep this computer thing up I hear there's a bright future in computing Thank you Oh So Much !