ohsnap13theduck

Built-in Microphone not working

I recently have gotten the windows7 upgrade and since then my built in microphone does not work when i skype. i've already checked it's not a problem with skype. where on windows7 would i be able to locate or re-install the built in microphone

mcmartin

Re: Built-in Microphone not working

I am having the same problem.

Seeker65

I have had the same difficulty.  I was able to go to Control Panel and run a diagnostics on the audio device which indicated that the microphone had been muted (apparently when I upgraded from Vista to 7), that has worked, but the sound quality in Skype is not as good as it was, so I think that a driver is still not working correctly.  Every time I use Skype I have to check to see if my microphone is working and often have to re-set it under Skype options.  I would still like to know if there is another solution to the sound problem.

Cynt

Built in-microphone not working with Skype.  Called party says that they can't hear me or get static.  I've run Skype audio test and the built-in mic doesn't seem to be working properly.  Any suggestions?

wc
wc

use start control panel sounds recording outline mike then properties and adjust mike vol.

tsfrance

Mine is not working either.  When I go to control panel and then sounds there always was a tab for recording.  The tab is still there but when you click it is says no recording hardware device is installed.  Could it have been turned off in bios?  Would webcam software maybe fix the problem because even though my webcam is installed I do not have the software anymore.

tsfrance

tsfrance

I posted this up above.  In case you don't see it here it is:

I did manage to fix the microphone problem for myself.  This worked for me and there is no guarantees it will work for everyone so try at your own risk if you wish.  My model is a sat A305-S6898.  My laptop has realtek hd audio and that was fine but under "sounds" in the control panel there is a tab for microphone and when I click on the tab it said no microphone installed.  Before it used to show the built in mic and the FM radio tuner.  Both were gone after the Win 7 install and even after the realtek update from toshiba.  I went to realtek.com and downloaded the high def codec packs just to see if it would help.  Here is the link:  

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&Down...

When I installed it and went back up to "sounds" there was the microphone and it showed it as the default microphone and that it worked!  The FM tuner underneath it was still not there though.  I also noticed that the realtek icon in the control panel was gone now.  I still had sound but not hd sound.  I then came here to toshiba and downloaded the curretn realtek audio pack again for the third time today and installed that.  All is perfect now.  Microphone, FM tuner and HD sound with all the icons in the control panel.  It worked for me, that all I can say.  Hope it works for you.

Ts

lynnesears

If when windows or skype restarts it reverts back to a mic that does not work, then go to   control panel( on start button) select 'hardware' -select 'sound', select 'manage audio   devices'-Under the 'recording' tab disable the microphone that does not work, make the one thatdoes work the default.

Please sort this out microsoft and skype between you!

When windows updates, the problem comes back and I have to go through the whole routine again!