jlmcguire

Black Screen Error

Hello, I purchased one of your laptop computers in September of 2010 and while I have enjoyed the product, I have a recurring problem. My computer will freeze, I will have no mouse control and control alt delete will not work, so the only way turn it off is to press the power button. Upon restarting, a loading bar would appear with the words "windows is loading files" above it. After it had finished, a screed with two options, start windows normally, and attempt to repair, would appear. Both of these options would result in a black screen with a cursor on it, in which the only thing you could do was move the cursor. To get the computer to function again, a factory reset had to be performed. This issue has occurred five times, three times with just freezing, and twice with a kernel panic message. My computer is still under warranty. I have a Satellite L655D-S5050, with the Model Number PSK2LU-001003, and with Serial Number 5A095825W. Any support at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Occasional Contributor
w7pro

Re: Black Screen Error

[ Edited ]

I'm surprised that a factory restore didn't work. Normally, I would recommend trying a clean install altogther, though you may want to consider taking it in as it may also be a hardware issue as well.

-- Ryan

Windows Outreach Team

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Black Screen Error

I purchased one of your laptop computers...

No Toshiba tech-support folks here. We are users just like you.

To get the computer to function again, a factory reset had to be performed. This issue has occurred five times,..

That tells us it's a hardware failure. Return the computer for repair.

-Jerry