memeth

A100-237 Windows 7 32 Bit... Many problems

Hi all,

Today, i started using windows 7 32 Bit on my A100-237 laptop but i have some problems:

1) i can't use Fn key combinations. (there's no hotkey driver supported by toshiba for my model for Win 7)

2) i can't use multimedia keys. (again i couldn't find a driver to fix this problem)

3) there's a strange problem with my wireless adapter. Everytime when i turn on the laptop, i see the wireless light is off even if it's in "on" position, then i turn it "off" and again "on", wireless adapter starts working.

Thank you for your help

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: A100-237 Windows 7 32 Bit... Many problems

some A100 models are not being supported by toshiba. what is the second number of your serial number that is the only way to know for sure.( just the second number DO NOT post the whole serial number)

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

That model shipped with XP so Toshiba is probably not supporting it to run under Windows 7.  You might be able to get it to run it, but you might not be able to have full functionality of all of it's features.

For the most part Toshiba is only supporting models that shipped with Vista to run Windows 7 and only systems made in 2007 and later signified by a 7, 8, or 9 as the second digit of the serial number (I'm betting your's is a 5 or 6).

I did some searching and it appears that Toshiba does have some WIn 7 support files available for that model so you might be able to get it working if you install all of the Drivers and Utlities, especially the Value Added Package for your model found here on the European Support Site where that model is sold and supported. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

memeth

hi all,

Yes, i checked my serial number and i saw that second digit of my serial number is 6. Then, i tried to run "tsi4win7.exe" (toshiba software installer v1.0) on my laptop and i recieved an error message saying something not exactly but like "this laptop is either not produced by Toshiba or your BIOS version is not appropriate" Then i updated my BIOS version and tried again. This time, software installer recognized my laptop as another model (M110) instead of A100 but installed several softwares. Now, all my problems seem to be solved :smileyhappy: i hope i don't have any further problems because normally my laptop is not supported by toshiba for windows 7 since it's produced earlier than 2007. The software installer fortunately decided that my laptop is M110 after the BIOS update :smileyhappy: maybe i was lucky, or maybe i'll have problems in the future... We'll see...