Occasional Contributor
eirasan

why some videos choppy, some not

when i watch videos on web some are choppy, and some are not.but on youtube, video totally choppy.anybody can help me with this problem?tnx!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: why some videos choppy, some not

What model laptop?

What OS?

What video driver?

What Browser?

Do you have the latest Adobe Flash and Shockwave installed?

Have you check the YouTube Help Center to see what they have to say?  They have several fixes for common problems like yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
eirasan

latest flsh player 10, opera browser, windows 2000,

www.watch-movies-links.net - i just wanted to have a smooth video playback in this site.some movies that i watch here have smooth video playback and some are not. don't know what causes this problem.but i'm absolutely sure it's not the internet connection.

Occasional Contributor
eirasan

laptop model: toshiba satellite 2590cdt

display driver:Trident

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

There is only so much that you can do with a laptop that old.  It simply doesn't have the cpu power or the graphics capability to do what you are asking of it.  I had a laptop with similar XGI (they now own Trident) graphics and had the same problems you are referring to and I had a Pentium 4 processor and 1.25gigs of ram. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
eirasan

but why can i watch some movies without a problem and some have slow video playback.whew..anyway, thanks, cee!:d

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

That's one of the problems I had.  If the video stream is fast enough and it's encoded in a way that is easy for the system to decode then they play fine.  If the video stream slows down and/or it's encoded in a higher end format that requires more processing power it just can't keep up as the system simply isn't powerful enough to decode the video stream. 

Occasional Contributor
eirasan

oh, ok... thanks, cee!