mjmx4

toshiba m70 -cli ati video driver will not install

Hello,

I have a satellite m70-cli psm73c-cl100e laptop

I got a new hard drive and loaded windows xp. I went to the toshiba website and downloaded and installed all of the drivers. I didn't have any problems with the atheros wifi drivers, or sound, modem or chipset. I also updated the bios to v2.10 all with success. The problem is with the video card. I used the program from huntersoft and know that the chipset is an ati. Also it said its a ati radeon xpress 200m with 128 ddr shared video.
When I try and install the ati driver it says setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard vga driver.
I have spent hours pouring over the net. I have tried the ati L30 xp driver and it does the same thing. I have tried the ati radeon xpress 200m driver and it says hardware not found. I don't have the original cd's. I know that it works as the old drive worked fine. Unfortunatly I wiped it as well to put in an older laptop. I should have got the drivers off of it. :( Does any one have any idea? This is driving me crazy! Thanks for any help. Marilyn
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: toshiba m70 -cli ati video driver will not install

Satellite M70 (PSM73C-CL100E)

Get all the drivers from here, Marilyn.

The order of installation matters. See my attachment.

In particular, you should install the Intel chipset software followed by the ATI display driver prior to other drivers.

Intel Chip Set Utility for Windows XP, 7.1.0.1014, 3/25/2008

csutil-20080325113604.zip

ATI Display Driver for Windows XP,8.203, 4/21/2008

display-20080421145542.zip

-Jerry