CrimsonPlague66

my built in cam isn't working on my toshiba satellite L655-S5145fix this without spending money

i re downloaded the drivers i updated the laptop software and the drivers i can not access the mic or the built in cam on this computer it is brand new i do have 2 passwords at start up would that effect the function of the cam and mic? i have NO idea how to turn the second password off all i know is i made the second password b y pressing F12 at start up my computer and skype tell me i have no cam but i know it's there cuz it is in the F12 menu and it is also enabled there

Peter

Re: my built in cam isn't working on my toshiba satellite L655-S5145fix this without spending money

Was this the driver you installed?

Toshiba Web Camera Application(v1.1.1.15; 02-23-2010; 28.78M)

If not, try downloading it.

Did the camera ever work? If so, maybe something got changed. You could try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

If the driver and System Restore don't help, you could try a recovery if you don't have data on it yet that you care about losing.

Recovering your laptop to its original, out-of-the-box state is a great way to eliminate software as a possible cause of the problem. Note that doing a system recovery will return the laptop to its default conditions, completely wiping your data. Information on how to perform a system recovery can be found in your user's guide.

You might also want to contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
CrimsonPlague66

Re: my built in cam isn't working on my toshiba satellite L655-S5145fix this without spending money

i can not reformat it i don't want to lose my files i never used the camera but i recently moved and need it to work the start up says it is enabled so idk wtf is wrong skype tells me it doesn't exist and that my built in mic doesn't exist and that skype can't find my sound card but if my speakers work then it's there i can't even find the programs for the built in mic and cam on my computer i don't have a usb flash drive with enough memory to hold my files so reformatting is not a option i don't even know where the mic would be on my computer

Peter

I've seen Skype interfere previously (which I know sounds strange because many people use the webcam primarily with Skype). Try uninstalling Skype, then reinstall the drivers, then reinstall Skype.

- Peter