nataly28

my buil in webcam is not working any more

I have gor Toshiba Satellite L655; for some reasons the webcam is not working any more. it gives me a message ' Device is locked by another application'

Peter

Re: my buil in webcam is not working any more

What's your full model number? "L655" is only partial. It should be on a label on the bottom of the notebook.

- Peter
Disruptive

Mine's doing the same thing. Its an L655-S5096.

analog

Re: my built in webcam is not working any more

i am getting the same error message all of a sudden i have a satellite L350-170

i tried doing a repair but no luck , please help

Peter

Re: my built in webcam is not working any more

Disruptive,

You're getting the message about it being locked as well? What application are you trying to use? If you're using a third-party app such as Skype, does it work with the Toshiba application?

If not, try reinstalling this.

Toshiba Web Camera Application(v1.1.1.15; 02-23-2010; 28.78M)

analog,

I don't have any information on that model because it's not from the US. I'd recommend finding the driver for your camera and trying to reinstall it as well. If that doesn't work, you could try uninstalling third-party apps or performing a System Restore. You may want to contact support in your region as well.

- Peter
Sgagrits

My Satellite A665-S6050 is doing the same thing.  I have wiped the hard drive, done system restore.  It will turn on sometimes, but then when I try to use it later it says locked by another program, even though no other program could be using it. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Skype.  This has been going on for a couple of months.  Had no problems with that until then, although have been using Skype the whole time....Please help!  None of the reinstalled drivers have helped.

Karen

Peter

When you say you wiped the hard drive, you mean you formatted or did a System Recovery? If so, it sounds like a hardware failure. You should contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter