seige1
Accepted Solution

black screen when starting, no bios flasing

[ Edited ]

victorxion

Re: black screen when starting, no bios flasing

Funny problem, indeed. Yesterday I spent 2 hours breaking apart a similar laptop, Qosmio F45-AV411 with a similar bricked behaviour. I shortcircuited the battery located on the motherboard. Thus, the bios was reseted. Problem solved, succes! I don't know other solution. You must follow the instructions located here: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Qosmio-F40-F45/laptop-disassembly-1.htm

Be careful, you might damage your laptop! Oh, sorry, is already damaged. Get a screwdriver and good luck!

seige1

really! how i am going to shortcircuit the battery? do i need to open the whole base case?

seige1

Just an update about this problem i posted above, i did try to create a rebootable CD FOR FLASH BIOS and try to insert it then restarting again while pressing the "c" but no it doesn't flash the bios, i heard the CD player is reading about 5second then stop running. still a dash is blinking on the black screen.

Any advice more for optional solution to this particular problem?

Toshiba/Qosmio F45-AV412

upgrade-Windows7 ultimate

victorxion

The official response to this malfunction is to take your laptop to service. I am living in the 3rd world, there is no service here! If you have steady hands and patience, you will be able to reset the bios, then to upgrade it to version 1.90 (latest). 

seige1

:smileyhappy: This is my last option mr Victorxion to bring to the Toshiba Service Center but it's far from our place theirs no toshiba service center here in our region. I was thinking bring instead at the service center at Bestbuy near my place. but before that have to try again to reflash the bios may be the bootable cd  that i created is not working properly.

But thanks anyway.

Toshiba/Qosmio F45-AV412

seige1

anybody can help in this case?

seige1

Re: black screen when starting, no bios flashing

[ Edited ]

After two weeks of searching solution to this problem I got nothing from the web forums. Tried several advice that I read on forums but still the bios not responding so I quitted... I called a technician in town to do the repair but did not come either so I have no choice but still persist to find way..... At last I fixed it by trial and it work. What I did was I unplug the power cable then removed the battery then Removed the hardisk then connect the power cable then I started it and it flash the bios.... then shut down again then put back the battery then the hardisk. Restarting and now it's running good, I updated the windows then the BIOS (ACPI Flash Bios Version 1.90).

I recently notice that when ever the laptop was automaticaly off due to BATTERY LOW it bring back the problem that the screen is all black and it wont response so I did the same proccess by removing the hardisk then start the laptop. This happen twice now.

Should I replace the battery and the problem's gone? The battery life now is only good for 20minutes then it drain off if 100% fullly charge.

Toshiba/Qosmio F45-AV412

Rinda

mine started as it was going to start up as usual after the windows pic came together the screen went a grayish black w nothing but my cursor arrow flashing, went thru f10 mem diag nothing and went to same screen

most everything at f8 with the same ending, i cant even get it to the screen to make it so that I can take it down and make it like i just bought it. looked here and saw the 0 shut off, turn back on holding 0 i never got beeps  course I cought it at hit ?f2? got the blue screen w all the ndd info and nothing that would help me, i closed it and everything i touch beeps and of course in the beginning w geek squad says we cant help you 69.99 for us to look at it and im pretty sure they are agoing to say that its a computer itself as the problem as this sucker went down EVERY WEEK but id manage to bring it back up...not this time

black screed flashing underscore

and i was told toshiba was the best on the market these days.......wish i had went with the other puter instead of this one!!

Toshiba needs to issue a recall its obvious its all of this series telling best buy and/or others just to credit them and get them a new computer!!, i need a laptop i can depend on, i work on this, no laptop no work!!!

seige1

Rinda,

so how was your laptop now a days? did you manage to fix it?  cause for me I did it by experiment even after i updated the BIOS another problem arise but seems it all now running in good condition now after fixing all the lacking updates.

Alssau

black screen when starting, no bios flashing: Solved

I had this problem too. Toshiba Satellite L645D, my HD was empty and when I tried to get into the BIOS to install Windows, nothing came up, just black screen with a white dash. I removed the BIOS battery and that seemed to do the trick. The steps I followed can be seen in the following link:

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-L645D-L640D/remove-laptop-motherboard-1.htm

Step 1 and 2 is really all you need to uncover the BIOS battery. Then I took it out using a plastic stick, after a minute or two I put it back. Put the battery back, connected the power cord and there it was, the Toshiba screen asking me to press F2 to access BIOS.

Hope it helps.

kevan37086

I received the Toshiba prompt to update Bios and Service Station, so I clicked to do them both.

I gave permission for it to get to the hard drive, it said close browsers, and it would require a

restart, so I closed them, then a pop up about Microsoft Insyde came up for a few seconds. 

It disappeared.  Then everything froze.  Nothing would work. 

I powered it down.

Now, when I turn it on, all I get is a black screen, not even a cursor flashing. 

A friend said he thought somehow the download was corrupted maybe. 

He tried all the things mentioned on this forum page ("black screen when starting,

no bios flashing") with no change. 

Is there a way to uninstall the update?  Or to undo the last act?

Also, is this information just in the bios part of the boards, or is it also on the

hard drive? 

Can the bios chipset be replaced and would that fix it, and can an amateur do it? 

Thanks! 

kevan37086

sorry, I thought it would say what type computer I have. 

It is a Toshiba Satellite laptop,

running W7 with IE 9

It is a model C655D

I think the old Bios was 1.60

I think the update was only to 1.80

(someone on here said there is a 1.90)

Thanks again. 

jobryan

I've got a P775-S7215...a year and a half old.

I think my problems started with a virus.  Safe mode/System Restore wouldn't fix it.  BIOS level repair option would only cycle around to "Windows Failed To Start..." and repeat.  Safe Mode would get me to a login prompt...I'd login and the system would go immediately into shut-down.

I selected HDD Recovery and the screen told me I would reset my drive if I continued...and since I did not have my power supply hooked up at the time, I aborted.

The next day, with power supply attached, I opened my laptop to begin HDD Repair/Recovery, and now, all I get is a power light.  There is no Toshiba Splash Screen...no option to hit F2 or F12...no blinking lights nor beeps.

I think my BIOS is on the blink!

Can anybody tell me if there's any kind of hidden keystroke sequence that I can use to access BIOS?  Or, can I disassemble my laptop...remove and replace the CMOS battery...and get my laptop out of this zombie state that it's in?

airmike87

Mine did something similar. Try turning it off, powering it up and then immediately opening the cd tray. Mine would boot up then for whatever reason.