Jesika2289
Accepted Solution

Webcam distorts when I try to video call...

I have a Toshiba laptop mode Satellite L655. I have had the computer wiped out before and had it redone. But at home by someone I know. I don't think that they properly installed everything I need. When I know longer have the camera program originally installed in the computer. I downloaded something different though and it works with the cam just fine. But when I try to video call over Yahoo, Facebook, Skype, anything, my image appears distorted when the blue light is lit. The light will flash off for a second, and the image becomes clear, but then distorts again. Any suggestions?

Peter

Re: Webcam distorts when I try to video call...

What's your full model number? "L655" is only partial. It should be on a label on the bottom of the computer.

- Peter
Jesika2289

L655-S5155 ... do you think its fixable? Someone else told me Im pretty much screwed :smileysad:

Peter

Try reinstalling this application first.

Toshiba Web Camera Application(v1.1.1.15; 02-23-2010; 28.78M)

- Peter
Jesika2289

Sorry it takes me so long to reply. I will try to get quicker. The cam is less distorted, but still distorted with the installation of that. Anything else I can do? I attatched another picture so you can see what it looks like.

Peter

What does it look like using the Toshiba Web Camera Application?

- Peter
Jesika2289

I don't have the Toshiba Camera Application. I have one that is called Debut Video Capture. And when I use that, it looks perfect.

Jesika2289

I just installed this program... Driver Utilities... but I don't have a product key for it so I cannot do anything with it... but look what it says on the picture. Driver not found. 

Peter

Did you install the application I linked earlier? It should contain both the driver and the Toshiba Web Camera Application.

- Peter
Jesika2289

Yes. But maybe it didn't install correctly. I tried it multiple times. Not really sure what to do from here...

Peter

Do you still have the installer or installation discs for Debut Video Capture? If so, you might want to try uninstalling DVC and then reinstalling the Toshiba link once more.

- Peter
Jesika2289

When I do it, I have to go into my downloads and click the program again, but it doesn't seem to finish the install. It says it does but it does its thing and then thats it. No program opens no nothin. Do you know how to hack into peoples computers? If so I could probably let you hack mine and try doing it yourself.

Jesika2289

So my mom went through and deleted and uninstalled some other webcams that we thought were already uninstalled. Well apparently they weren't and were somehow stopping the completion of the installation of the link you gave me. Well the installation was able to finish now and everything is in working order. Thanks for all your help!
Peter

[ Edited ]

Edit: I wrote a reply to you, but it turns out that while I was writing the reply, you replied as well and solved the problem! I'm glad it's working for you now. Enjoy!

- Peter