DarinG

Webcam Problems on TOSHIBA C655D-S5130

I just purchased a TOSHIBA C655D-S5130 laptop.  Computer works great for my purposes but I cannot get the webcam to display an image.  Blue light comes on but no image.  I have checked the webcam application but all seems right.  I successfully completed a Skype test call but image still displays black.  Anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  Getting ready for a trip and will need to use Skype video regularly.  Please help! 

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Webcam Problems on TOSHIBA C655D-S5130

Satellite C655D-S5130

I cannot get the webcam to display an image.  Blue light comes on but no image.  I have checked the webcam application but all seems right.  I successfully completed a Skype test call but image still displays black. 

It is unclear from your comments, when you go into the webcam application, does it display your image in there?  Is Skype the only program that you are having a problem with your webcam on?  Have you tried Windows Live Messenger or Yahoo Messenger?

Mike

DarinG

Mike,

I cannot get the webcam to work in any application.  I have even installed an iHome webcam to see if it would work but all it would give is a green screen in the display area.  When using the Toshiba built-in the display remains black.  Do you have some ideas?

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Darin

...I have checked the webcam application but all seems right.....

If you could NOT see a video/picture in the webcam application, why would you say that 'all seems right' with that program? This is confusing to me.

Regardless, try to reload this utility/driver:

Toshiba Web Camera Application

Then try Skype again.

Good luck.

Mike

Eric07

Webcam Problems on TOSHIBA SATELLITE C655D-S5210

I have problem on my web cam. i could not see a video or picture, it's totally black in color. What should i do ?

MSCHAPMAN

i cant find my web cam anymore,how do in reinstall?