twagnon

Web Cam isn't working on Satellite A665-S6050!

I just recently purchased the computer and when I try and use Skype it doesn't show anything. The blue light by the camera is on but it won't work. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

vptob

Re: Web Cam isn't working on Satellite A665-S6050!

try visiting their "download" section, selecting your appropriate model, and downloading the webcam drivers to install them again.

twagnon

Ok, I reinstalled the drivers. When I open the web cam screen it still doesn't show anything but a bunch of stars?!

What can I do now?

vptob

Okay I am not 100% sure because I don't see your screen but... try this...

Click START, ALL PROGRAMS, look for either 'Camera Application' or TOSHIBA --> UTILITIES --> 'Web  Camera Application'.

A slide out menu will appear on the left of your screen, select EFFECTS from it. Click the SCREEN COVER tab and set it to off. That may be the source of your problem.

modestopalma

i have a problem with my nu laptop satellite a665 3d  i call  to every phones you put in the list for support and all are fakes just a machine saying the the hour,

when i clic on my webcam the imege get black and the led turns on but nothing happen i cant take pictures i cant take videos, the same situation of the other person.

am very   very  angry about toshiba, just selling  computer but dont help  like dell   am regret to buy this laptop beacause  i had a fabric problem  and you as a company dont help  in a certain way a bought a damaged computer

i have to say that toshiba  have the most decadent and obsolet  support system for clients,  i have dell computer  hp computer  sony  computer and no one have this serious problem for  solve the clients situation  like toshiba.

am now in panama republic and for me is just impossible hope some help from toshiba.....

the only solution buy a brand new computer with a good  webcam  its all

Cryptklok

I have the same problem, your solution seems to be correct but when I run the "Web Camera Application", do not see the side menu. I tried reinstalling the application again and again, but did not work. I hope you can help me because a few days ago everything was fine. Thank you in advance

Computers ROCKS