gabo29

WEB CAMERA BLURRY SATELLITE A505-S6980

I have a satellite A505-S6980 Windows 7. My computer was working fine (including camera) when first purchased in november.  then the webcam application stopped working.. after several attempts to fix (with toshiba on the phone), system restore, and reconfiguration it didn't work.  So i sent to Toshiba for repair.  I got the computer back yesterday (plus a few scratches) and the camera now (they replaced the hardware) works but it looks very "cloudy" .  It is not a paper fim issue since i had removed it a while back.  in addition i no longer have the "motion detection" application that came with the old camera.  Not too worried about that, but annoyed at the "cloudiness" of the webcam.  Any ideas, help would be appreciated.  thanks.

Regular Advisor
LawrenceB

Re: WEB CAMERA BLURRY SATELLITE A505-S6980

There is a protective plastic film over the lens of the new camera. If the tech who worked on your unit didn't remove that film before the LCD bezel was reinstalled, that could be why it's cloudy. You may need to send it back to Toshiba to have them recheck the camera.