KShort
Accepted Solution

Videos aren't playing-only green screen. Youtube will only play in 240p.

Hi. I got my toshiba satellite laptop with windows 8 on it only one month ago. I had been playing videos and such on it just fine but now all of a sudden when I try a youtube video all i see is green and I have to switch the settings to 240 p to make it work-in a low quality. I can hear the sound with the green screen-just not the picture. I also tried playing videos from other sites and also videos I downloaded from my camera and it's doing the same thing. HELP PLEASE. I have such bad luck with computers. Thank you for your time.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Videos aren't playing-only green screen. Youtube will only play in 240p.

Which computer? There is a label on the bottom.

In the meantime, try this.

Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab > set the check box for Use software rendering...

Then restart the computer this way.

Settings > Power > Restart

IE10.jpg

-Jerry
Leshialee

[ Edited ]

Your a Genuis!!! Thanks for making the instructions simple, and easy to follow with propper illustration. Thanks to you my Youtube videos now work prefectly, and it only took a minute to do, WOW! , thanks a million!!!! Leshialee, NO! more green screen for me...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Thank you. The original poster apparently never came back to see the solution.

-Jerry
mrssajustice

This worked perfectly for me!!!!!   However...every time the computer goes into sleep mode, it wakes up with the same problem.  I go through the steps you mentioned in order to fix it, and the chech box in the advanced tab is still checked. I uncheck it, and recheck it, restart the computer, and voila, problem fixed; but why is it continuing to have the same problem time and time again?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Which computer? There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
KHE
KHE

This worked for me, it was fast and easy, unlike other sites I visited that were complicated and did nothing to fix problem. Thank You!: catvery-happy:

z31jaime

Just got a NEW Toshiba C55,

when first booted up plays all videos just fine, after about 15min i start getting green screen and Black screens on all video.  even following the direction above nothing gets fixed until I restart with gives me 15 min again and then its back to green screen. 

I contacted Toshiba thinking it would be under warranty and was told they only cover "hardware" problems in the warranty period.  WTF I CANT PLAY VIDEO... clearly something is wrong. 

I payed for support and was told AMD hasn't released compatable drivers for windows 8.1 and until that happens they can't do anything to fix my problem. 

How can Toshiba/Best Buy sell a laptop with an OS with incompatable drivers and then refuse to warranty it? 

Peter

What C55 do you have, z31jaime?

- Peter