terminal

VGA to HDMI

Can I hook my Toshiba L505-S6959 laptop up to a LCD tv (it has a free HDMI port) using a VGA port of my laptop to the DMI port on the TV?  I just got the laptop and it does not have an HDMI port, just VGA.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: VGA to HDMI

VGA = Analog

HDMI = Digital

It isn't easy, but if you are willing to spend enough money for the right adapter/converter it is possible, but it won't be anywhere as good as you think it's going to be.

If you really want to do it I suggest returning that laptop and getting one that has an HDMI output.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

yrrah10

i have a same problem i have a toshiba satellite L655-S5150 model and it doesnt a HDMI port instead it has VGA port. and i have a Samsung 32" Class LED 720p 60Hz HDTV,(3.7" ultra-slim) UN32EH4003 TV i just wanna know how i can connect my laptop to my tv ? do i need a converter? thanks pls help me ASAP!!!!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Yes you need an adaptor/converter. Here are some possibilities from Newegg. I can't recommend any specific one as I haven't used any of them, but this should give you an idea of what to look for. You'll need to do some research to determine which one(s) work best and which to purchase though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Depa=0&Description=vga+to+hdmi&Tpk=vga%20t...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.