paintedheroes

Touch Screen laptop screen gets touch "ghosting"

I bought this toshiba laptop P845t S4305 - about a month ago.  it works great.... when i can use it.

The touch screen gets incapacitated from time to time - with ghost touches.  it's as if someone/something was attacking the screen, with hundreds of endless push touches that twist, zoom, flip, and active programs.  The problem occurs almost exclusively at the top of the screen and about 3/4 of the way to the right side.  it makes using the computer, impossible.  This occurs randomly and goes away randomly, sometimes it starts and stops in one minute's time, sometimes it goes on for hours or until i get so frustrated i force close the computer.

Is this model faulty/needs to be replaced OR is there a cure/solution/fix to this problem?  Anyone else experiencing this???

thanks for any and all help!

lexiboo12

Re: Touch Screen laptop screen gets touch "ghosting"

I am having this same problem. Did you ever solve your problem? I am clueless.
paintedheroes

still no solution, not permanent anyway.

i thought it was static electricity building up, so i tried all sorts of this to disharge it - dryer sheets, humidifiers, opening windows, air ionizers, damp towel, etc. - things seemed to work sometimes and sometimes they didn't. leading me to think it's complete coincidence that anything did work as things would hardly have any proven track record.

i'm starting to think the unit is faulty.  i don't know what toshiba could do for me other than replace the laptop and i don't know how easy that would be to do such a task  :/

paintedheroes

well i was at my wit's end tonight as it kept happening again, so i tried to see if it was a monitor contact issue. i was pushing on different parts of the monitor glass to see if it made a difference and i noticed a couple spots that seemed to cause the "ghosting" to react oddly. 

For whatever reason, I started pushing on the bottom of the monitor part, underneat the Toshiba name logo about 2 inches to the right of it.  there's a connecting strip or something and i noticed that it's primarily solid until about 2 to 3 inches from the right edge of the monitor and then there seems to be some play to it. not really an indent, but just a little bit of play. as soon as i pushed on it, it made the ghosting stop. i pushed it again, the ghosting started, pushed it again, and it stopped.

as of the past 2 hours, there has been not weird ghosting or sporadic insanity that has plagued me for 2 weeks.  i think something must have clicked weird and caused some kind of monitor issue where the glass or something, was beveling or bowing and causing some kind of constant touching between monitor glass and the touch screen surface.

try to see if this is happening for you too, bc i think this might be it!

lexiboo12

I tried it, but no luck i thought the same thing. I took it in to geek squad they said they could send it in but they couldnt guarentee my data would still be on it, so as i tried to hook up a hard drive to transfer all my files i couldnt get it to stop "gousting" so im not able to do anything. Not sure what to do next, i really dont want to lose my files but i also want it fixed.
Regular Advisor
billkunert

Can you connect a USB mouse to it?

L875D-S7232 (Win 8.1)
lexiboo12

Havent tried but i took it in to geek squad since i had a warrenty, and they ran a test on it. They said it has something to do with a hardware problem so they gave me a brand new one & said theyre gonna send my old one in to toshiba. I hope you get yours fixed. Did u have a warrenty on it by chance?