Mohamed123

Toshiba satellite L305-s5885 vga card is not working well

[ Edited ]

I have a toshiba satellite l305-s5885 it had windows vista on it the vga card is 128 MB , i install a windows 7 on the laptop it says that the vga card is 64 MB and the games make a warning that my vga card is 64 , even i downloaded the driver from toshiba.com what can i do.

thx

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: Toshiba satellite L305-s5885 vga card is not working well

Try installing the chipset driver for that model.

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_chipset_intel_TC50034100E.exe

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
Mohamed123

sorry it still not working

thank u for ur effort

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Have you tried installing the driver for your graphics card?

For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Mohamed123

yes i installed it and nothing new.

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

[ Edited ]

Thats a tough one.  Try installing the newest video driver for it from intel.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop...

Are you using the original ram in it or have you upgraded?

The graphics use dynamically allocated ram.  That means system ram is used for the graphics and it is just possible that 64 is all that it has available for graphics under windows 7.

It may help to increase the system ram up to it's max of 4 gigs.  Your system came with 3 gigs of ram, 2 gig and 1 gig sticks.