asher0411

Toshiba laptop won't connect via HDMI to LG TV

I have a Toshiba Satellite P-50 laptop and I'm trying to connect it via HDMI to my LG TV.

The port on my TV works with my PS3.

When I attach my computer to my TV, my computer recognizes that something is connected by my TV still displays "no signal".

Is this a compatability issue with my TV or with my laptop?

Thanks in advance

Super Advisor
eagle3

Re: Toshiba laptop won't connect via HDMI to LG TV

[ Edited ]

I have S70-ABT2N22 windows 7 pro and connect to a 42 inch LG TV, it automatically detects and duplicates my screens.

If you have windows 8 there may be other things & other ways you have to try.

You may have to chose how to display see your manual for how to change or duplicate displays.

You did not provide full model from the bottom of laptop and operating system so we could get you to your user guide and or more help. Please post that information.

S70-ABT2N22 Windows 7, A135-S2256 Windows 7, C55-A5180 Windows 7 ****Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!****
asher0411

[ Edited ]

I have a Satellite P50-A

Serial # - XXXXXXXXX

Windows 8

Also, I've messed with the "project to second screen" and it does not work.

Thanks

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

Super Advisor
eagle3

[ Edited ]

Is your model possibly Satellite P50-A-118 part number PSPMDE-00C002GB ?  If not let us know if you can.

If this is the laptop your support page is here : http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/jsp/supportMyProduct.do?service=EU#tab0;

You will be able to download manuals and drivers etc, there. Page 4-3 of manual shows your function keys and page 4-36 shows connecting to external monitor, page 6-13 shows the trouble shooting items for display.

This manual shows pressing the function keys to make changes and another way is to press the windows key and P to make some display changes.

Let us know if this is the right model and part number?

I am not that knowledgeable about windows 8 so others may be able to help more.

S70-ABT2N22 Windows 7, A135-S2256 Windows 7, C55-A5180 Windows 7 ****Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!****