T-Devil

Toshiba Satellite P850/030 Webcam Issues

[ Edited ]

Hi, I recently bough a new laptop, Toshiba Satellite P850/030. When I first bought it and used the webcam, Toshiba HD Webcam, it was working fine and I was experiencing no problems. But suddenly, when I am on the computer, I heard the sound you hear when something is plugged in or unplugged. When the camera is working and everything is fine, I suddenly hear that sound, and the camera would be uninstalled and I am not able to access it, and then a few seconds later I would hear that sound again and it would re-install. Then uninstall again and reinstall for a while and then permanently uninstall. The first time this happened, I checked the drivers, the webcam driver was missing, so I restarted the computer and checked again. The driver was back so I updated it. Then the camera was working again. But now, after a few days, it happened again, what do I do? Please help! My computer did not come with any toshiba web camera application. So please help me out to fix it. It is a very new computer and the plastic wrap is still on :smileysad:. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

T-Devil

Re: Toshiba Webcam Issues - Please help!

And by the way, the programs that I use with webcam are Skype, facebook skype. Thats it. I downloaded manycam and uninstalled it and just uninstalled facebook skype...still didnt work :smileysad:

Peter

That doesn't appear to be a US model. I believe it's from Toshiba Australia and New Zealand. You should contact them.

- Peter
T-Devil

Oh I see, thank you. I don't seem able to find the link to the australian forums. Could you please give me the link to that?

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Peter gave you the link in his post. It is  http://www.toshiba.com.au/.  Once there, click on Mobile Computing, click on Support and then click on Support Forums.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P850/030 (PSPKBA-03000U)

Get your downloads from here.

There are no Australian forums. For non-US machines, this forum is often used.

More on service here.

-Jerry
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Jerry--The Forum you referred him to is the same one I referred him to.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

<g> I ate an apple fritter while chatting here in my office before clicking post. Didn't even see your message.

-Jerry
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Them apple fritters will do that to you!!!  :smileylol:

C.B.

C.B.

ppurse

Re: Toshiba Satellite P850/030 Webcam Issues

Hi there ..........had the same problem the past few months and thought it was the software but i finally bit the bullet and dismantled the  laptop this morning and found there was a semi loose earth wire from the webcam located behind the bezel of the lcd screen which has a screw attached that was loose it simply needed to be tightened and all was well .................the noise it made as you said like when your plugging something in to a usb port is simply the earth wire touching the screw on and off.....................the screw in question is silver in colour and located at the bottom right hand side of the bezel about an inch from the end ...................i think when there being put together via automation that particular screw is not tightened fully because i've seen loads of post from various forums about the same thing.....................Good Luck

ppurse

And if your hesitant about pulling it to bits to fix the problem watch this video to take you through it...............just remember which screw goes where for when you put it back together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjP33FaftwA

T-Devil

@ ppurse...thanks so much for your reply. I was highly suspicious on the fact that what you have described is the actual problem. I am reasonably hesitant to pull it apart but considering its new and under warranty. Maybe I could just take it to the store and ask them to get it fixed? That sounds good, don't you think?

T-Devil

Re: Toshiba Satellite P850/030 Webcam Issues

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, I have browsed the links you have posted and they have been reasonably helpful. However, I have been unable to completely fix my problem. Any more suggestions? That'd be great. Thanks.