Yuraj

Toshiba Satellite C855-12K, WebCam and LCD problems

[ Edited ]

Hi,

When I installed system Windows 7 64bit everything worked but It started after 3 days, I updated bios from 1.3 to 1.6 and I think after bios update it started. My webcam works partially. I hear randomly hardware disconnected sounds (only disconnected0), the I downloaded software usbdeview and find which device continuosly disconnects and It's USB Composite Device (USB\VID_04F2&PID_B307\0x0001, Port_#0003.Hub_#0003, device type: Unknown) which is webcam chicony. It's is really anoying to hear these sounds but I don't hear it always... after sometime it's ok but for example when I restart Windows then i hear disconnects sounds many times. And I see randomly and with luck Imaging devices in Devices. And also found one strange thing: When I tried webcam I couldnt start but after some random tries I get it and when webcam was working driver was not disconnecting and webcam works fine when you start webcam. Maybe it's some driver conflict? Now I must disable webcam in bios because of that anoying sounds...

LCD: I am not sure if It's normal but when I try this lcd test http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php I see almost all gray colors looks like noise (you can see animated Temporal dithering image on that site) and it's in all system but on external it works without any problems.

Also installed official webcam driver and uninstalled and now I can reinstall official driver.

Thanks in advance

BTW: Is it possible to downgrade bios to original 1.3, I want to check If it is bios related problem.

Check attachment for that device (webcam):

Yuraj

Re: Toshiba Satellite C855-12K, WebCam and LCD problems

[ Edited ]

Ok, Webcam problem looks like fixed (It was some SW/driver conflict). I've used tool USBDeview and removed duplicated USB Video Device which had vendor id 04f2 which is chicony = webcam (don't know why 2x times installed) and then restarted my laptop and webcam was reinstalled. I believe It works now.

EDIT: No, this doesn't work :smileyfrustrated: