Safkhet

Toshiba Satellite A505 S6980 Web Cam Problem

After restarting, installing drivers, and googling extensively my web cam has not magically fixed itself. It is a built-in webcam for the Satellite A505-S6980 laptop, and while at one point it worked just fine it now refuses to initialize. "Web camera initialization failed. Please check your camera device and restart application or computer." Is the exact message I get, and I am at my wits end. Please help, I can't even find the webcam on my list of devices so I have no idea what to do. Thanks.

dhiggi5

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505 S6980 Web Cam Problem

I'm having a similar problem. i got the same message this morning on my satellite a505 s6960 model. I uninstalled the web cam software, and haven't been able to successfully reinstall it. Don't know what to do now...

lsardes2

i am also having the same problem, on an A505-6973.  very frustrating, help would be much appreciated!

-Lisa

Sukhraj4

I am having the same exact issue, i tried updating the drivers and everthing. The computer just says usb device not recognized, and i get the same prompts as the first comment

im running on a A505 S6980

ehsanelahimirza

i have the same problem.

i have even tried full system recovery option but cam is not working

have anyone solution to this problem

fymadriz7

I am having the same problem on a T135D. It was working fine and updating the driver worked for about a day before it went back to giving me this message. Someone please let me know how to fix it, I use the webcam a lot.

Sukhraj4

I have also just tried the full system restore and it is STILL NOT WORKING!! its becoming more and more frusterating.. :smileysad:

greyatc

Same problem just started this within the last week A505-6980. I dowloaded a windows update could that be the problem>?