Althezilent

The Screen of my T135D 2012L is light blue

Hello, I write here because I have a problem with my screen, because everything on that is meant to be displayed as white, is actually light blue and only under the words I write and in certain parts, it is white, as it should be. Sometimes, when it is meant to be black, there appear some shadows in red. I tried to change the configuration of the appearance and it is still the same. I reinstalled the software including the system restoration, but the problem doesn't fix. I also have a problem with my webcam, that the computer seems to not recognize. I went to technical support here at Guatemala city, to a place named "FODITEK" and They said that I should change the motherboard, but I was really complaining about it, because replacing the motherboard, seems like buying a new computer, and I would like to repair mine, but I don't have the money to do it by replacing the motherboard. They said that they tried to change the screen, but it was giving the same problem, they also tried by changing the cable that goes from the motherboard to the screen but the problem persisted... I wanted to know if I really have to change the motherboard, because it is an option I can't take, and I would like to see if there is another way to fix it, because I really need my computer for most of the things I do at college and  at my job and I really would appreciate someone to help me, because I am not really satisfied with the service they gave me here, because they even couldn't explain to me why should I do really change my motherboard and if I have any other options. I was asking for the price but they say it is around Q4,000 here at Guatemala, and I can't afford it. I have two years with my laptop and it has never gave me any problem, but then the webcam and finally the screen. I will attach a printed screen of how it looks. Please someone help me, I really need help.

Peter

Re: The Screen of my T135D 2012L is light blue

You could try reinstalling this display driver.

AMD/ATI Display Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)(v8.634.1; 09-04-2009; 113.08M)

However, it sounds like it's likely hardware failure.

- Peter
Althezilent

Hello Peter, Thankyou for the advice, but like you just said, I believe also it is a hardware failure. By the way, I was trying to conect it to a Desktop screen and it works, I mean, the problem seems to disappear, but when I disconect it, it returs to the laptop screen and it is still having the problem. I was about to take the laptop to another place and when I lifted it from the left side almost besides the mouse pad, the screen became normal and it stood that way for a while but then it turned back to my issue. I believe there is something that is not making a good contact since, when I put my hand over there, and press a little bit, the problem seems to be gone. I was really upset about changing the whole motherboard, and now it is like I still have hope to see if I can do something. It is just that I am kind of scared about opening a laptop by my own and try to fix it myself with some tin and I am very upset about the service they gave me at the place I went before. A friend of mine, told me that opening a laptop and fixing that kind of problems, requires certain skills because it is not like working on desktops and well, it's not the first time I work out with electronics, but I don't want to screw it up. I don't know what I will find in there if I open it, and I would prefer to let someone do it, but I don't want to buy another motherboard, because I can't afford the prize. I am always looking for an advice and thank you for replying

Peter

Working on laptops is usually much more difficult than desktops. If you're not comfortable it, you should take it to a professional.

- Peter
Althezilent

Okay, Thank you very much!