humayun90

TV Ouput for Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905

Does Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 have any output so that I can connect this laptop to my tv when watching movies? I have a Samsung HDTV. I also have got  1.5m VGA SVGA HD15 M-M Male Lead Cable LCD Monitor and VGA to 3 RCA Component Cable For PC RGB HD TV LCD. Can these work? If yes, then how?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: TV Ouput for Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905

Satellite A305-S6905 

See the specs above. There's only an RGB/VGA (monitor) port for video output (at the rear on the left side). You'll need to get audio from the headphone jack on the front.

Since you don't tell us the model of the Samsung TV, there's no way to look up its inputs. This one, for example, has the monitor input.

-Jerry
Super Advisor
brad

Just a note on those VGA to Component cables:  They are not for connecting  a VGA signal to Component connectors, the signals are not compatible.  If all you have are Component connections on your TV, then you need a VGA to Component Converter box.  Quality and price apparenty vary greatly on the converters.

humayun90

the model of the samsung TV is LN40A530P1FXZA.

I tried connecting the VGA Cable but nothing happened.

thanks for the advice anyways :smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

According to the User's Manual for your model, you need a conversion cable to, for example, S-Video.

This cheapie would do.

-Jerry