Occasional Contributor
ArmenArmenian
Accepted Solution

TOSHIBA SATELLITE A305-S6872 VIDEO CARD

Dedicated Video memory 128 MB,total available graphic memory 1341 MB.Does it mean i can`t play games ,which needs video card higher than 128 MB?And how can I upgrade my video card for this model,i don`t know if it supports any AGP,PCI or PCI express slots.Thanks a lot .

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: TOSHIBA SATELLITE A305-S6872 VIDEO CARD

[ Edited ]

It uses 128megs until it actually NEEDS more than that.  It will allocate up to 1294MB as needed (depending on how much total system ram you have) so you should be able to play games that use up to that amount. 

And it doesn't have a replacable video card.  It's soldered onto the motherboard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
ArmenArmenian

I want to play a Pro evolution soccer 2010,and in game settings it is written my video card memory 128MB and i can`t play in high quality .What should i do my laptop use more than 128 MB?Is it possible to upgrade video card or add new one?Thanks.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Not possible to upgrade it.  Sounds like the game is coded to require a certain minimum of DEDICATED Ram which pretty much prohibits you from playing it on your laptop as yours has SHARED memory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.