coreycohen719
Accepted Solution

Screen split into three sections

I turned on my Toshiba Satellite C650D a couple days ago and the screen was split into three sections, such that the right of screen was on the left, the middle in the middle, and the left on the right. I restarted it and the problem is still there. Twice the screen has fixed itself only to go back to the way it was.

Anybody know what to do?

Peter

Re: Screen split into three sections

Does this happen even before Windows loads or only after Windows loads?

- Peter
coreycohen719

After it loads

Peter

What's your full model number? It should be on a label on the bottom. If it only says C650D, give your part number.

- Peter
coreycohen719

It only says C650D. The part number is PSC0YU-03503Y

Peter

Try reinstalling the display driver.

AMD Display Driver(v8.615; 07-06-2011; 140.63M)

- Peter
coreycohen719

It seems to have worked. Thank you so much!

Peter

No problem! I'm glad it's working for you now.

- Peter
coreycohen719

Wow, I hate to bother you again but the problem returned. If you can't/don't want to resolve it, I completely understand.

Peter

You originally mentioned that it has fixed itself previously only to happen again. After following my suggestion, did it seem to stay fixed longer? I'm wondering if that actually had any positive effect or if it was just coincidence.

- Peter
coreycohen719

After installing the display driver it did stay fixed longer, and occassionally it would split into three sections but installing the driver again would fix it. Now even installing the driver has no effect.

Peter

It's still only doing it after Windows loads, correct?

Next, try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

- Peter
chariot

I have the C655-S5512 Lap top and it is doing the same split screen, Sounds like a lemon in the systems to me, maybe Toshiba should really look into this and find a solution.

chariot

A friend at work suggested hooking up my Laptop to an external monitor. We connected it to a Monitor here at work and the monitor showed the correct screen and the laptop also went to single screen. When I got home last night I connected it to my 42" TV and then turned it on and the laptop was divided into 3 screens but the TV was one screen. Maybe this is a clue as to what the problem is????

Peter

It sounds like a hardware failure in the screen that would require servicing.

- Peter
carlosluna41

I have exactly the same problem, sometimes the screen works and sometimes split the screen in 3.

I reinstalled the built-in windows from scratch without success... looks like some hwd issue, did you get any response from toshiba?

Im really disappointed, this laptop is pretty new and I dont have any guarantee.

Any help will be appreciate it.

Thanks

Cort21

I have the same problem with my Satellite L755-S5360. The problem randomly fixes itself, sometimes changing the screen resolution fixes it. I have seen the problem happen at the Toshiba boot splash screen, so the problem is not in Windows. What is the suggested course of action to take? My laptop is still under the 1 year warranty.

carlosluna41

I suspect that is the video card issue, if you have warranty I suggest you to use it... pls let me know what toshiba said , I have the same issue but I dont have warranty...I think this is a problem of design.

Cort21

I'm really concerned that I'll send the laptop away for repair and they won't be able to reproduce the issue. It comes and goes...and we all know that with problems like that they seem to never actually show up when they are in the repairman's hands!

Rajkumar

Peter,

I am also facing the same problem.

Earlier this problem was happening only after windows loading.

But now it is happening before and after.

I sort this problem by bringing down the screen resolution.

But this cannot be a solution.

Please revert back.

- Raj