flguy5

Screen Brightness Controls Reversed

I just recently replaced the lcd screen on my NB305-410BL netbook and everything works fine as before except the screen brightness. When I open the win7 controls they are reversed. Making it brighter on the slider makes the screen dimmer and vice versa. It's no a huge issue, but I'm concearned my battery life may suffer since my computer thinks the lcd is going at full blast when in reality its all the way dimmed. Can anyone tell me how to fix it so it goes back to normal?

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: Screen Brightness Controls Reversed

Sounds lie you may have plugged in a plug backwards when re assembling the LCD.

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
flguy5

There was only one plug and it was plugged in correctly since it only would fit one way.

cdelarte

I am having this same problem after replacing my LCD with one I bought on ebay from Hong Kong.

Furthermore, when my laptop is turned off the screen goes to a full brightness white screen, going to black only after I turn it on or plugging in the power supply.

Any suggestions?

tjc010

I am experiencing the same problem on my P755-S5263 i just bought. replaced the screen with an after market now the controls are reversed.