CaptNemo405

Satellite P505-S8980 Screen Replacement Guide

I have a P505 laptop screen that was stepped on and broken, and I would like to take the lid apart before I order a screen. Where can I find a service manual or guide to help me take the screen apart? It appears the bottom screws on the bezel are inaccessible without taking the whole thing apart. Please tell me I'm mistaken... :smileyhappy: Thanks!

corey9172

Re: Satellite P505-S8980 Screen Replacement Guide

I'm having the same issue with the same system (same cause, too). Can anyone out there help?

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

This site does not list your specific machine, but from it you will learn how to replace the LCD screen of your laptop by looking at how it is done on other models.  They are all basically the same except that on a few models you may have to take the palm rest off also to replace it.

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
CaptNemo405

Thanks for that resource. It looks like the top cover of the L505 needs to be taken off in order to get to the screen. Might be the same for the P505....

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. Just lazy I guess. :smileyhappy: I've replaced dozens of screens, motherboards and soldered power jacks so it's not out of my league. 

Thanks again!