axla

Satellite P105-S6217: Vertical Lines is LCD Display & Toshiba Flash Cards Not Working

Two Issues:

1.  Recently I started to have a vertical line (light blue or aqua) appear on the left hand part of the LCD screen on my Windows VIsta x32 P105-S6217 laptop.  Earlier today I started to have another vertical line (beije) appear in the middle of my LCD screen.  I read a post that indicated to test the problem I should pipe the display to another monitor if the vertical lines appear ==> I have a problem with the motherboard, if not ==> I have a problem with my graphics.  Am I interpreting these instructions correctly?

2.  I have been getting the "Toshiba Flash Cards Not Working" error message.  At one time I followed some instructions on a Toshiba forums webpage, but the problem didn't go away.  I've just been ignoring the error messages by closing the dialog boxes, but it is a minor inconvenience.  Any helps on how I can fix this error?

I would rather have this laptop fixed than replaced, I have 3 computers in the house and can't justify getting another.  Thanks in advance for your help.

axla

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Satellite P105-S6217: Vertical Lines is LCD Display & Toshiba Flash Cards Not Working

[ Edited ]

Satellite P105-S6217

When you go into the BIOS Setup, or at the Toshiba logo screen on boot up, do you still see these lines? Check your BIOS Version, do you have the BIOS v4.70 Update? If not, you should install it.

ACPI Flash BIOS version 4.70 for Satellite P100/P105

How to update the BIOS on Toshiba notebooks

Or, do you only see these lines in Windows? If you hook up an external monitor, and you do NOT have the lines on it, then the problem is probably with your LCD display.

The simplest thing to try is reloading your display drivers for the video problem, and the Toshiba Value Added Package utilities for your Flash card problem.

Download these files and double click to install them in this order:

NVIDIA Display Driver for Vista V7.15.11.5666

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (32)(v1.2.33)

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

TJTEMP

Re: Satellite P105-S6217: Vertical Lines is LCD Display & Toshiba Flash Cards Not Working

I'm looking for the hardware that goes with the bezel assembly. Mainly the four rubber screw seals on the screen bezel.  Two square seals on the top and two round seals on the bottom. and I may need the screws as well. ALthough I have 4 screws on the edge which are taped to the edge, I'm not if if more than 4 are needed (I bought this for $10 and need to replace the LCD) but the rubber seals are missing for sure, I'm not sure what else.