mikegudka
Accepted Solution

Reinstall Toshiba Video Player for Windows 8

I did a stupid thing and uninstalled Toshiba's Video Player for Windows 8, before I realized that Windows Media Player does not play videos with Windows 8.  HELP.  Where can I go to download and reinstall Toshiba Video Player for Windows 8?

Thanks,

Mike

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Reinstall Toshiba Video Player for Windows 8

Which computer? There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
mikegudka

It is a Toshiba Satellite Lap Top P75-A7200. Thanks for your help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite P75-A7200

Downloads here

One of these?

TOSHIBA VIDEO PLAYER

TOSHIBA Blu-ray Disc Player

-Jerry
mikegudka

I downloaded the video player, but received an error message "PatchProject - IntallShield Wizard:  Can not find our player inyour system.  Installation aborted."  Any ideas what to do next?  Thanks again for your help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

My link was broken (I just edited the message). Was it this you tried to install?

TOSHIBA VIDEO PLAYER

Please attach a picture of the error message.

Do you have Windows 8 or 8.1?

-Jerry
mikegudka

I have Windows 8.  And I tried the new link, but received the same error message.  Thanks for helping and hanging in there with me.

mikegudka

I just was able to get it.  I went through Toshiba Desk Top Assistant, then Toshiba Application and Driver Installer, and selected the video player.

Thanks again.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Great news!

-Jerry
canismajor16

Hello,

I did the same thing and have followed the steps for my computer (satelite L55-A5284) up to this point, but I am recieving the same error message. It says we could not find your program in our system. Can you please explain to me how you got past this?

Thanks,

Julia

canismajor16

Nevermind, I just got it! Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Julia, please share with the rest of us what  the problem was and how you solved it.

-Jerry
Oreo1

I'm having the same problem.  I'm trying to re-install Toshiba Video Player on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 8.1 and I get the message: "PatchProject - IntallShield Wizard:  Can not find our player in your system.  Installation aborted." Would one of you who has solved this problem please help me?

Oreo1

OK, I figured it out.  I had actually contacted your Tech Support folks and spoke with a Technician on the phone.  I had the Toshiba Video Player installed but it wouldn't play any DVD's I burned on this laptop.  He instructed me to uninstall the Video Player, then re-install it.  He told me to go through support.toshiba.com, then select "support", then select, "drivers & software".  Of course, this doesn't work.  The only way to get Toshiba Video Player re-installed is to go through Toshiba Application and Driver Installer which can be found by searching. 

I've re-installed it so now I'll try to use it.