lilned
Accepted Solution

PC TO TV

I have a regza hd tv and a netbook nb305-n310. I am using a vga cable I think I made all the right settings but the pc input on the tv is grayed out Any ideas anyone.

Thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: PC TO TV

You can read the basic directions for this beginning on page 69 of your NB300 Series User’s Guide.

Connect the VGA cable from your laptop to your TV, then with your TV turned on, press the 'Fn' + 'F5' keys together on your laptop to be able select the laptop internal display (LCD), internal display (LCD) + TV (CRT), TV (CRT) alone. I would initially pick the LCD + CRT combination first, till you get the laptop's video signal appearing on the TV.

If your laptop does not give you these selections when you press 'Fn' + 'F5', right click on a blank area of your desktop, left click on 'Screen resolution', left click on the 'Detect' button, then try the 'Fn' + 'F5' key combination again.

After your laptop has recognized your TV, try the PC input selection on your TV again.

Good luck.

Mike

lilned

Thank you Mike for your reply.

I made all the connections and set the output resolution on my PC to the recommended input on the TV I scrolled through my options with Fn+F5 but the pc input on the TV stayed grayed out. I'm lost,the cable is brand new. Any other thoughts?

Ed

Super Advisor
miker643

If your laptop does not give you these selections when you press 'Fn' + 'F5', right click on a blank area of your desktop, left click on 'Screen resolution', left click on the 'Detect' button, then try the 'Fn' + 'F5' key combination again.

Mike

Super Advisor
miker643

I made all the connections and set the output resolution on my PC to the recommended input on the TV I scrolled through my options with Fn+F5 but the pc input on the TV stayed grayed out. I'm lost,the cable is brand new. Any other thoughts?
Sorry, maybe I misread that before. So, you are saying that your laptop appears to be doing all the correct things and recognizing your TV? But, your TV is not allowing you to select the PC as your input signal selection?
If that's the case, send me the exact make and model number of your TV so I can try to look at the TV manual.

Mike

lilned

That seems to be the case.  The TV is a Toshiba Regza 37HL67.

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Hi Ed

If you look on page 35-36 of your Toshiba 37HL67 Owner's Manual, it discusses Input Selection, and then Input Labeling. To enter Input Labeling:

1) Press 'Menu' to open the 'Preferences' menu.

2) Highlight 'Input Labeling' and press 'Enter'

3) Press the up or down arrow to highlight the video source you want

4) Press the left or right arrow to select the desired label for that input source. If a particular input is not used, you can select 'Hide', which will cause that input to be "grayed out" in the 'Input Selection' screen and skipped over when you press 'Input' on the remote control.

5) To save new input labels, highlight 'Done' and press 'Enter'. To revert to the factory default labels, highlight 'Reset' and press 'Enter'.

So, I would imagine you need to follow the the above steps for Input Labeling, highlight PC, and select 'Hide' again, or whatever it shows inplace of 'Hide' perhaps 'Unhide', or any other label except 'Hide', to toggle the PC Input Selection back on, and then save this new input label, by highlighting 'Done' and pressing 'Enter'.

Then, press 'Input' again and see if you are able to select 'PC' and as your Input Selection

Please let us know how it works out. Good luck.

Mike

lilned

Hi Mike:

That did it Mike, great save, it's doing what it should now.  Thanks for the assist, I really appreciate it.

Ed

Super Advisor
miker643

You're very welcome Ed. Happy to hear your TV and laptop are now communicating.

Mike