Will2

No Display

Toshiba Satellite L305 has lost display - normal drive sounds - no display at all even on start up?  I think a physical problem - anyone else have this issue?
Occasional Contributor
oalee

Re: No Display

Did your Toshiba just lost display and still turns on? Try connecting an external monitor on your laptop to check if it's only the LCD that's not working properly.  If it works on an external monitor, try updating the BIOS to the latest version from the support website.  If it still doesn't work then you'll probably have to send it for repairs. Just call Toshiba Technical Support at 1-800-457-7777 and if you're still under warranty then i'm sure they can get you a place to have it fixed or send you a box for you to ship it to them for repairs.
=====================================================
Okay, now I've closed all the windows. What do I do next? By the way, it's a bit warmer with all the windows closed...
Jeeper1970

[ Edited ]

I am having similar problems. I was using my laptop earlier with no problems, left it on after I was finished and it went into sleep mode. When I went to use it again, the computer responded but the screen stayed black, I could just barely make out images on the the screen looking at it from an angle.

I first tried using Function/F7 to try and brighten it up, no luck. I then rebooted, again, no luck. I then plugged in another monitor which is what I'm using now.

Where do I find the BIOS update? Would that be the Windows Service Pack 2 update?

Four year old Satellite with 17" screen, Windows XP

Message Edited by Jeeper1970 on 12-21-2008 07:00 PM
Laurence

Here is the link to the bios update. LEt me know if it works.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=SB&os=&category=&moid=835431&rpn=PSA72U&modelFilter=M30X-S1592ST&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663&selModel=835431|PSA72U

Laurence

Same problem with a Satellite MX30. the display came back on yesterday, but is dark again today. I have no idea what is causing it.