phoenixvigilant

My laptop screen goes black and I can't get it back on unless I force reboot.

[ Edited ]

This just started today...my laptop screen is going black and no matter what I do, outside of forcibly restarting the laptop will make it come back on and when it does first come back on the entire screen is red-tinted before it fades away to it's usual color. When it goes black, the sounds from the website I'm on still play, everything else is apparently running just fine, but the screen refuses to come back. 

This last time I had to restart, I could see the white message boxes(just barely) asking me if I wanted to shut down programs. It's like the backlight is dying or something...it's happening every few minutes, which isn't enough time for me to do anything, so I'm using my fiance's laptop to type this...

the model number on the bottom of my laptop says Satelitte A135-S7404

Please help!!!

the Earth with Art is just Eh
Peter

Re: My laptop screen goes black and I can't get it back on unless I force reboot.

Unfortunately, it sounds like it may be a hardware failure that would require servicing.

- Peter
phoenixvigilant

Re: My laptop screen goes black and I can't get it back on unless I force reboot.

Yea, after some eyeballing, the laptop lid itself had come apart at one corner - probably from when the new kitten recently pulled it down on top of her head (she wasn't hurt, thankfully) - I've managed to hook it up to a monitor though, so, it's all good. 

the Earth with Art is just Eh