raberto7

My computer camera is not working

Not sure why, but for some reason, within the last couple days, my built in camera on my computer has not been working.  The first time I noticed it was when I logged onto skype and it told my I couldn't video chat because I didn't have a camera.  When I went to the camera tool bar on the left side of the screen which pops out when I bring the mouse to the left side of the screen and tried clicking the "turn camera on" button, a box popped up which said something like "your camera has been turned off or disconnected.  go to webcamera settings to find solutions".  I then scrolled back to the webcamera tool box and tried to click on settings and the saem box telling me the same thing.  I tried it a couple more times and the same box kept popping up.  I restarted my computer and then it seemed to be working fine.  Then today, I tried to skype and could only video call, so i scrolled to the left and the webcamera toolbox opened and I tried clicking on something and the same message telling me "your camera has been turned off or disconnected.  go to webcamera settings to find solutions", so i restarted my computer, hoping it would fix things and after restarting my computer, now the toolbox won't even appear when i scroll to the left side of the page.

Regular Advisor
eniac

Re: My computer camera is not working

Check Device Manager>Imaging devices

Is there a red X or yellow exclamation mark !

Corkerinna

Re: My computer camera is not working

I had same issues. Called support number 1-800-457-7777, and after talking to support issue resolved by downloading webcam applications.  While the tech people were very hard to understand, they finally did get my webcam working again.