garyrobb1

My Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop display flickers as the screen is moved.

I have a Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop whose display flickers as the screen is moved.  I got the laptop apart and there are several small cable that go to the screen.  Is there a replacement display cable kit or cables that can be replaced for this?

dog333

Re: My Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop display flickers as the screen is moved.

I have a Satellite E105-S1602 that does the same thing when moved around. I have to reboot to stop the flickering.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

Zoomenok

Re: My Toshiba Satellite E105-S1402 Laptop display flickers as the screen is moved.

same problem

afeinstein

Same problem but mine seems related to a hardware problem. When I squeeze the bottom of the screen right where the TOshiba is then it seems to go away. Black until I squeeze then the image returns. Started doing it after a year of ownership.

JimmyB

My wife has had the same problem.   I've disassembled her laptop several times and found that there is a cable assy going from the main board to the LCD/inverter board in the display.  This cable assy is made up of many stranded small gauge wires needed for your LCD display.  I found one of these wires with broken strands and only had a few left.  I replaced this section of the cable and all works well.  The only problem is that any repair requires additional wire/insulating tape which adds volume to this area.  These wires have to be fed through a very narrow channel in the hinge.  After her repair this fit was not very good and she is now experiencing more similar issues which I believe is due to wire being too tight and getting pinched in this area.   The best fix (if you have the same issue) would be to get a replacement cable assembly.  I'm looking for one now.  Let me know if you find where to get one.   Word of caution: if you try to make this change yourself, take lots of pictures as you disassemble the display.  Especially around the hinge so you can reroute all the cables exactly like the manufacturer originally routed them.   Not trivial task. 

calvinh09

Hey! Having a similar issue here (the backlight, if not the whole screen,goes out once the screen is at an 80 degree angle or greater), and it appears that the display cable assembly has some damage to it. I work at a college help desk, and am working on a friend's computer. I just found this web site, though I don't know anything about it; I just know it has the dca. I will probably be getting it for this laptop I'm working on. Hope it helps!

http://www.impactcomputers.com/v000160060.html