Kamran_1_

My Laptop Camera is not working!

I have just bought this laptop a few days back. I have installed its webcam drivers but still can not see it turning on. I do not know how to fix it and how to check it is installed and ready to use. 

Can someone leave some suggestions? I would be grateful.

Thanks

Toshiba Satellite P505D-S8930

Windows Vista 64Bit

18.4"

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: My Laptop Camera is not working!

Satellite P505D-S8930

Maybe this helps.

-------------------8<------------------- <snip> --------------------

Follow these steps to start the Camera Assistant Software:

1. Click the Windows Start button, then click All Programs, click the Camera Assistant Software folder, and click the Camera Assistant Software.

2. Move the mouse to the middle of the far left edge of the screen, until a panel of icons pops out, as shown at left.

3. Click the Start Webcam icon, shown highlighted at left. Optionally, start a different webcam application, if you have installed one.

The webcam indicator light should now turn on, indicating that the webcam is now running.

-------------------8<------------------- <snip> --------------------

That's from here.

Toshiba Document ID: 98082637

-Jerry
Kamran_1_

[ Edited ]

I have re-installed the application at least 3 times now and restarted the system.

Now when I run Camera Application an error pops up saying  "(Notice:smileyhappy: Web camera initialization failed. Please check your camera device and restart application or computer."

I have restarted the computer many times now. Don't know what is wrong now.

Also the menu bar that is supposed to come on the left side as a pop up menu is not visible.

Any suggestions?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Try reinstalling the camera driver using this technique.

Built-in Chicony webcam stops working after Microsoft Anytime Upgrade to Vista Ultimate

-Jerry
Kamran_1_

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the assistance!

There is nothing in my Device Manager like Chicony USB 2.0 Camera or even Camera under any section.

That help file is not for my Laptop. My laptop is Satellite P505D-S8930.

When I turn my Face Recognition Application error pops up saying: 'Camera device failed to initialize. Either the device is in use by another application, or it is not recognized by the system.'

any suggestions

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

The only way to tell for sure whether it's a hardware problem is to restore the hard drive to its factory-new contents using Toshiba recovery media.

-Jerry
Fatzak

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem as yours. MY laptop is satelite C855 please any help