veronica55

Is this foggy&dusty display the nature of TFT screen ?

Model: PSPLZE-04J033TE

http://www.toshiba-turkey.com/laptops/qosmio/x870/qosmio-x870-15e/

Hi, I have a Qosmio X870 laptop and I am totally very uncomfortable & unhappy about the screen of it.  I has a Toshiba TruBrite® HD+ TFT screen and my problem is, that the screen seems way too bright? nopes not the true word, it more looks like as if there is a dusty, white transparent film on it. Colors are not bright and nice, blacks are grayish. I know it sounds like too much contrast but NO.  Also the screen is very very bad from different angles, pictures even turn to negative if I am not looking from exactly in front of the screen. It creates an effect  like "reflective" straps on a life jacket. Idk how else I can describe it, not native english speaker here.

I don't know, I tried everything to adjust it and nothing works. On the other hand, my laptop has a GeForce GTX 670M with the latest 327.23 driver installed. When I open the Nvidia controls, I ONLY have the 3D settings and no color&brightness settings which "I think" because of the Optimus technology that I don't completely understand. There is also another display driver of Intel, intagrated, and I can ONLY adjust the color settings from the intel's control panel.

Is this how it should be? And why?

And this awful display, the angle problem, all these are the nature of the TFT screen or is it fixable?

I would never buy a laptop with such a screen but, I used to have a qosmio X500 with an awesome shiny screen, awesome colors and display angle, but I had to get a replacement because of another issue which service technicians couldn't solve. So they gave me this X870, all great, but the screen....

veronica55

Re: Is this foggy&dusty display the nature of TFT screen ?

Any opinions? similar experiences? any help?

Peter

This is the Toshiba USA forum. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region.

- Peter
veronica55

[ Edited ]

Doesn't matter don't they use the same dang screen everywhere? I thought bringing up on a english language platform could attract more ppl worldwide who are experiencing a similar issue. It is a shame that Toshiba uses such a low quality cheap tft screen on such a powerful computer like qosmio.

Peter

Someone else may have advice for you, but I don't. I have no idea what Toshiba Europe's policies are or how they want to handle various situations.

- Peter