ProfessorG
Accepted Solution

How do you find out if your laptop/graphics card supports TV out?

I have a Toshiba Satelliate L505D-S6947(I think.) with a ATI Radeon 3100 card, anyone know if it supports TV out?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: How do you find out if your laptop/graphics card supports TV out?

You have to look up the Detailed Specs to find that out.  To do that one needs to know exactly which system it is, you can't have an I think in this.  Determine specifically which model you have (you canm not be even a single digit off on this as that could cause you to look at a different system that does list TV Out), go to the Product Support Link at the top of this page, enter your model in, go to the Detailed Spec Tab, then check that pdf document to see if it lists TV Out as one of the options or not.  If all it says is VGA out then you do NOT have TV Out capability.  Checking the L505D-S6947 shows that it does NOT have TV Out. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

mdmadison_1962

For my L355-S7915, it does not say specifically "TV out." It says "native support for 720p content."  Does that mean the same thing or not?  Thank you.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

I'm fairly certain that it means that the laptop will display it, not that it has TV-Out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.