nadras
Accepted Solution

Hooking up laptop to TV

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5928 laptop, which I bought in May 2009.  At the same time, I bought a Vizio VO370M LCD HDTV, which is wall mounted.  My question, can I hook up my laptop to my TV to view video from Hulu and other sources?  If yes, what do I need?  Just one cable or a cable and adapters?  How do I set it up?  Also, is it possible to buy something in order to have wireless capability with my printer via my router?  I did not buy a wireless printer.  And, yes, I'm completely illiterate when it comes to technical equipment, but I'm willing to learn.  Someone at Walmart told me that I needed to see if I have SVGA outlets on both my TV and laptop.  If so, she said I just need to buy an SVGA cable and connect the two.  She said the outlets look like trapezoids.  Well, I can't find anything in my eguipment guides that identifies what each and every outlet is and what it can be used for.  My TV has an outlet on the side that seems to match an outlet on my laptop.  It's called HDMI3.  I have what looks like a VGA Cable outlet on the side of my laptop, but there're no screw holes to either side of it.  Would I go through my DishNetwork box to hook up the laptop?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Hooking up laptop to TV

Yes you can hook up your laptop to your new TV.  You would need to use a VGA cable to do so as that is the only video out the laptop has.  See your user's guide for the laptop and the tv for instructions on how to hook it up and how to configure it.  They refer to it as an RGB monitor port (on the left hand side towards the rear).  According to the detailed specs that model does NOT have an HDMI outlet so you can't use that to connect your laptop to the TV.  The user's guide for your laptop can be found on your hard drive in Adobe Acrobat format or by downloading it from the Produt Support Link at the top of this page. 

The cable you need would be like one of these. 

http://www.cablesforless.com/c-602-male-to-male-high-quality-svga-cables.aspx

You would either need a wireless printer, a wireless print server, or a wireless router with printer port for wireless printing.  I've never done it so I can't walk you through that. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

tanya33

i have a toshiba satellite L305-S5968 laptop that im trying to hook up to my sanyo hdtv and i dont know how to make it work.help please

myrastas

Connecting Satellite L305-S5978 to tv

Unable to connect my laptop to either of my two tvs.  I looked in the toshiba user manual but it doesn't show anything.  I have the VGA cord connected to both the computer and tv.  Set the TV to PC and personalized the appropriate display settings.  Still cannot get it to work.  Can anyone help.  I've tried everything suggested by the techs @ Fixya but still unresolved.

millelacs1

I was wondering if you can hook up a laptop wireless to a led tv that has the toshiba net tv with built in wifi?
millelacs1

I was wondering if you can add more apps than what are listed on the net tv that are available online and for mobile phones on the yahoo widgets for net tv.
whydoievenbothe

I was wondering do I have the same capability.  My model number is Satellite L555D-S7932. The port that is shown for the connection is not the same. At least it appears not to be. My TV is a vizio and it does hve the port. I am truly wondering if the wire will work the same. If you could answer my question it would really help me out. Thank you in advance.

deiceman

I looked up the the specs of your model and it does have SVGA connector to connect to extended monitor but there is no S-Video or HDMI connector. The easiest and only way is get SVGA adapter to S-Video or whatever Video/Audio In available on your TV, most of TV has RCA Video and Audio In jacks. Good luck!

lisafrank

Hooking up laptop to TV

I have the Toshiba Satellite C55-A5386 and would like to hook it up to my Vizio TV that has an HDMI outlet.  Which cable should I buy to be able to connect my laptop and have the sound from my TV?