cokekeane

HELP needed - Screen Stays black after reopening laptop lid

Hi,

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A505-6035

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeFORCE GT 330M

when I close my laptop lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode, but the majority of the time when I reopen the lid, the screen stays black.

The backlight comes on, and the keyboards lights up also, but no image on the screen. I tired connecting to an external monitor, when I do the same thing close lid and reopen lid after a few minutes/seconds, screen stays black, even on the external monitor no image shows up, and I'm then forced to restart my machine by holding down the power button.

I've turned off going into sleep mode mode when I close the lid for the time being, as screen will stay on when I close the lid, but would like this problem to fixed, as I don't want to keep my laptop screen on.

could someone please help me out on this problem? seems common enough when I search on Google, but I would like some help on what the causes are and how it can be fixed? or if anyone has experienced the same problem and had it sorted?

Peter

Re: HELP needed - Screen Stays black after reopening laptop lid

Did this just start happening?

Try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

- Peter
cokekeane

Hi,

Sorry No it hasn't been happending a month after I got, going on for nearly 2 years, sometimes it turns on fine for a week, then starts doing this problem again and forces me to restart the computer each time.

I've tried system restore, no difference. als otried wakeup after hibernation/sleep different option. still happens. any ideas?

Peter

Next, try entering the BIOS and resetting it to factory defaults.

- Peter
BillGraham

My new Satellite is only 1 month old and I can't get an image on the screen. Has anyone had any luck with this problem?

I can't even restart to get a screen, it just comes up black everytime I restart.

Any Ideas?

BillGraham

I just used the Toshiba Virtual Help Desk and they asked if my power light on the front of my computer was green. It has never been green. It has always been orange or amber. Is anyone elses green? I just ordered a new AC adapter but I'd like to know if this light is supposed to be green. Any comments?

keithsumner

My screen turns black after opening my lid, the light will come on and off when i close and then reopen my lid, my light in front power is green.

Peter

Bill, it should be green, yes. You may want to try this too. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections. It fixes power-related issues sometimes.

Keith, what light turns on and off? Do you mean the AC power LED - the one with the picture of power cord? What model do you have? You might want to try that trick I mentioned above as well.

- Peter