JvdS

HDMI "No Projector Detected"

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've seen many similar threads, but have not yet found the solution to my problem.  I have an L755-S5110 laptop.  I have used it regulary (at least daily) to connect to one of two TVs through the HDMI port without issue.  Today, neither TV will connect.  The TV recognizes that a device is attached, the laptop does not.

I have connected both TVs to another laptop without difficulty.

I have used the Fn+F5 and Windows Key+P to choose my display settings and failed to connect (this is where the No Projector Detected message comes from).

I have entered the display properties window through right-clicking the desktop and am unable to attach to a "second" monitor (the first being the laptop's LCD itself).

I have updated drivers for the Intel HD Graphics 3000 card.

I have done a system reset with AC unplugged, battery out, holding the power button for 30sec, followed by BIOS reset (F9), saved and exited.

I have restored the system to last week, before this happened.

The problem remains.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them.  I bought the laptop in July 2012.

Thanks,

Jeff

Peter

Re: HDMI "No Projector Detected"

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter