pjn0524

HDMI not working

I have a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5256. It's less than a year old. I have never tried to use the HDMI output until a few days ago. I connected an HDMI cable to our TV. For a while there was an indication that the computer recognized the HDMI output, but the TV never showed anything but a black screen. I tried disconnecting and rebooting the computer, and the HDMI output stopped being recognized. I went to the computer store today and just talked to the service tech, and he said there's no reason why HDMI wouldn't work unless there is something in the settings.

I've done a lot of web searching and can't figure out where I would look to check and/or fix the settings, if that's the problem. I'm guessing in device manager somewhere, but any help would be appreciated. I'm an amateur computer user (I do install & maintain the software in our home, plus router/wireless issues, printers, etc.), not a professional, so dumb it down just a touch please? Thanks so much!

Paula

pjn0524

Re: HDMI not working

As an update, apparently nothing works to connect my laptop to an external display. VGA also does not work either with TV or another computer. So apparently all my outputs are faulty. Isn't that lovely? How do I go about getting this fixed?

Peter

Re: HDMI not working

VGA doesn't work with another computer? Do you mean that the other computer also doesn't work with the TV? Or do you mean that using VGA to another monitor doesn't work?

Have you tried holding FN and tapping F5 to cycle through the various display modes?

- Peter