bturanb

Re: HDMI Output not working

I have the same problem; no audio, only picture when I connect my laptop to the monitor using hdmi. I do get audio when I do the same connection with the tv. I dont have an hdmi entry when I click speakers, playback devices. The model is L745-S4210.

Thanks,

Bulent

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

bturanb wrote:

While I was in the middle of installing the second file, I connected it to the monitor via hdmi and it was working. Is it possible that installing the first file solved the problem?

Yes, the main chipset is what controls the interaction of all the other cards. It's kind of like the main traffic cop of the motherboard. Often these kinds of problems come from not using the correct main chipset driver.

bturanb wrote:

I have the same problem; no audio, only picture when I connect my laptop to the monitor using hdmi. I do get audio when I do the same connection with the tv....

Most 'monitors' don't have speakers. Often plugging in the HDMI automatically disconnects the internal speakers on your notebook. If your monitor has no speakers, and the HDMI sound works on your TV, I'm not sure you have a problem we can actually solve.

bturanb wrote:

...I dont have an hdmi entry when I click speakers, playback devices...

Go back to Playback devices, right click on a blank area of the Playback area, make sure there is a check mark on both 'Show disabled devices', 'Show disconnected devices', perhaps this will show your HDMI audio.

Mike

bturanb

Thanks Mike. I do have speakers on my monitor. And both "show disconnected devices" and "show disabled devices" are checked in Playback devices.

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

The BIOS update page for your model is here. Note that v.2.30

Version 2.30 - 2012-03-28

• Modified: NVIDIA VGA brightness adjust sequence for an intermittent HDMI audio detection issue.
  • Corrects an issue where, under specific conditions the BIOS update will corrupt the system BIOS and cause constant boot failures.

Download this file to a separate folder on yours, or another computer. This is actually a self extracting, self installing zip file. Use jZip, or any other zip extraction software to extract the zipped files into the folder you've created.  Read the file called  isocdrom.txt  which will give you the basic instructions on how to create a bootable BIOS update CD. But, essentially you need to use Free ISO Burner, or any other ISO disk burning software, and burn the file  sk0yv230.iso  to disk.

ACPI Flash BIOS V2.30 for Satellite (Pro) L740/L745

Ensure you do NOT have a BIOS or Startup password enabled in the BIOS. Unplug all peripherals from your computer, unplug/disconnect from the Internet. Then put the disk in your DVD/CD drive, reboot your system, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press F12 to enter the boot sequence menu and boot off the DVD/CD drive. Backup your old BIOS, update your BIOS, the system will want to shutdown or restart, on restart, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press F2 to enter the BIOS setup, press F9 to load setup defaults, press F10 to save and exit, reboot into Windows, and test

Please let us know how it turns out, and if this helps your HDMI audio. Good luck.

Mike

bturanb

Unfortunately it did not work. I get video but not audio when I connect to my monitor. When I connect an audio cable I can get audio.

I think I did it right: When rebooting I selected "ODD TSST CORP CDDVDW..." I assume that is rebooting from CD? I could not Backup old BIOS, update BIOS..." it seemed like it was doing all that automatically. After another reboot I could load setup defaults and save and the version of BIOS shows as 2.30 now.

Thanks

Bulent

Super Advisor
miker643

Bulent

I'm not sure if this driver is for the HDMI audio, or an actual sound/audio card, but it can't hurt to try. Download this driver to your desktop and double click to install:

nVidia HD Audio Driver

Check your playback devcies after installing and see if you have an HDMI audio there after, and/or this resolves your HDMI audio to your monitor.

Please update us on the results. Good luck.

Mike

bturanb

I installed it but still no audio and the playback devices does not show hdmi.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Bulent

whatadumbsite

Satellite L750... despite the speakers being junk on this laptop, I haven't had any issues with it - until now (except the very regimented accessing of the DVD drive despite never having had a DVD in it).  I used HDMI very very regularily - all the time.  It was working an hour ago... now it is not.  No new system installs... no bad cable... not a thing has changed... laptop just simply refuses to recognize the cable now.... ideas?  solutions?  anyone?

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

bturanb wrote:...I installed it but still no audio and the playback devices does not show hdmi. Any other suggestions?

Last suggestion.

Back up all your users files, documents, music, pictures, etc. If you have not already done so, you should create a set of recovery disks/media as directed on page 74 of your User's Guide. Then perfrom a Toshiba Recovery from the recovery partition, and return your unit to factory default out-of-the-box setup, as directed on page 64 of your Users' Guide. This is considered the gold standard test on whether you have an actual hard ware problem, as opposed to a software/driver/update problem or conflict.

When the Recovery Utility is setting Windows up, at some point Windows will ask 'do you want to allow automatic Windows Updates?'. Answer 'No, I will decide later', then after Windows is finished being setup, click 'Start - All Programs - Windows Update', on the menu at left click on 'Change settings', under 'Important updates' click on the drop down menu at right and choose 'Never check for updates (not recommended)', and click OK.

Then test your HDMI and see if everything is OK.

After ensuring whether your HDMI is ok, you should then manually update your unit until there are no more updates. If it gives you a hardware driver update, remove the install check mark, then right click on the the driver, and left click on 'Hide update'. Then it will never give you that update again.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

bturanb

Thanks Mike. One one piece of information before I attempt this: Audio works perfectly fine when I connect laptop to the tv via hdmi. It is only the monitor that does not get the audio. I can get audio from monitor via an audio cable so I know the speaker of the monitor works. What does that mean?

Thanks,

Bulent

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Might just be a configuration problem on the monitor. Has the sound, going through your HDMI, ever worked on this monitor? What is the monitor make/model number?

Also, when you hook up the the HDMI to the TV, and have sound going through the HDMI to the TV, if you plug in a set of headphones or external speakers to your laptop, do you still get sound from there at the same time?

Mike

bturanb

The sound, going through HDMI, never worked on this monitor. The monitor make/model number: ViewSonic VG2428WM

When I hook up the the HDMI to the TV, and have sound going through the HDMI to the TV, if I plug in a set of headphones to laptop, I DO NOT get sound from headphones at the same time.

Bulent

Super Advisor
miker643

Bulent

There's nothing wrong with your notebook or your monitor. On your monitor's product page, both the specs and User Guide show that this model does NOT have an HDMI port. It has a DVI port. Which stands for Digital Video Interface. This will never handle sound. That's why the sound does not cut off from the headphone jack when you plug in the cable. You, or whoever you bought it from, must have used a DVI to HDMI adapter.

The only way to make the sound work on your monitor is how you have been doing it, with a sound cable from your headphone jack.

Mike

bturanb

I see.

Thanks for your help,

Bulent

Super Advisor
miker643

You're welcome. Good luck with everything.

Mike

mirogada

Hello !

I have

satellite l745 - psk14L

Which model has compatibles drivers for it . 

My HDMI Output stopped working !

Thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

mirogada wrote:

Hello !

I have

satellite l745 - psk14L

Which model has compatibles drivers for it . 

My HDMI Output stopped working !

Thanks

Yours is a Toshiba Asia model. You can find their downloads site here.

But, first try a proper system reset and see if this helps bring the HDMI back. Power off your system, unplug everything including the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power on button for 30 seconds, replace battery and AC, power on, when you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, boot into Windows, and test your HDMI again.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

ZombieNachos

Hi,

I have the A665d-s6082 and the hdmi port was working at one point but then now it doesn't work. It won't connect to the TV. I tried installing the HDMI control manager but it doesn't work either. Wondering how I could fix this? Anything will help at this point. Thanks!!!

qubic

Peter, my product model number is TOSHIBA Satellite P750 PSAY3U-0XE03W, and I have the same issues as the others...except I have updated the video driver and attempted to install HDMI Control Manager from the P750-ST6GX2 drivers with no luck.

jdopp

I am having the same problem as many.  I was able to hook my computer up to my TV via HDMI.  However it has stopped working.  The TV says there is no signal and my computer doesn't detect another monitor when it is hooked up.  I think this happened after a recent windows update.  What drivers should I try reinstalling?    Computer is a Satellite T135-S1310.

Thank you in advance for any help.