derekwalter

HDMI Output not working

I have a Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop that I am trying to use as the video source for my HDMI enabled TV. I've had the laptop for about a year and thought I had done this successfully in the past, but it is not working now. When I plug the HDMI cable into the computer port, the system generates the message "The connected TV is either not powered on, is in standby state, or does not support REGZA-LINK (HDMI Control)" after about a minute. It does this without me toggling anything, so it is obviously detecting the device at some level (though I don't get the normal PnP sounds/messages from Win7). On advice here I also installed an HDMI Out utility to attempt to configure the connection, but it doesn't recognize any device being connected. 

Attempting to toggle the output (Fn+F5) only shows the laptop LCD as an output option. Trying the same thing through Control Panel (connecting a projector) likewise doesn't result in any signal making it to the TV. I've tried a variety of connection variations (plugging in with TV on/off, PC on/off, etc.) and locally reinstalled a couple of the seemingly relevant drivers, all without any change in outcome. 

What do I need to do to get this to work, or am I looking at a hardware failure? - Thx!

htownballer

Re: HDMI Output not working

Same problem but with the Satellite A665. HDMI port on laptop no longer seems to work. Always worked in the past (including yesterday), but not anymore. Any suggestions?  (FYI. I tried FN F5, I doublechecked that the cable is okay and that the HDMI Port on the other end is functional (TV)...so it seems to be the computer's HDMI).

jsuber

I'm having the same problem as the two posts above. I can't even discover where the the device can be managed. I also have a A505 Satellite

Peter

Please include your full model number when posting problems on the forums. It can be found on the bottom of your laptop. There is a second part to the model number.

Try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue.

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
everlast

I'm having the same problem, the hdmi port is not working. I performed a restore factory defaults on the laptop and from that moment the hdmi output doesn't work. Any suggest?

The model of my laptop is A665-S5176.

Peter

everlast,

You could try reinstalling this driver.

HDMI Control Manager(v2.0.0.6.64; 07-21-2010; 12.88M)

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend seeking service for the notebook.

- Peter
GTony

I have the Satellite A505-S6005 laptop.  Just purchased an HDMI cable.  After connecting to HDTV HDMI 1 jack, I get a picturfe but no sound from the TV.  Sound only comes from the computer.

How can I find out if my sound card supports HDMI sound output?  Is there some kind of button, swithch, software, whatever?

Peter

Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area near the clock. Select "Playback devices." In the window that opens, there should be an HDMI entry. With the TV connected, right-click the HDMI device and if "Enable" is listed (meaning it's already been disabled), click it. If the sound still doesn't work, select "Set as Default Device" and "Set as Default Communication Device." When you're done, you may have to repeat these steps on your regular speakers to return it to normal.

- Peter
nickel

I have also having problems with my HDMI working on my Satellite E305-S1990X. It was working fine, then suddenly stopped. I did a system restore, but that didn't work. I looked for a HDMI Control Manager and a driver to re-install and did not find those either. Then one day it worked again for about 10 minutes, then stopped.

Any ideas?

Devin

I have a Satellite E205-1904. I haven't been able to connect to my TV for some time now. I've tried a system restore, but it doesn't go back far enough to fix the issue. Sometimes it picks up that the hdmi cable is connected but it says it's off, in standby, doesn't support etc., etc. Sometimes the screen on my laptop blacks out and is completely unresponsive. When this happens I have to shut down the whole thing and reboot. I've updated my drivers to the most current ones but nothing helps. It's not a problem with the TV or cable as other laptops connect just fine. When I go to my graphics properties it doesn't show that I can choose multiple displays, even though it used to a few months ago. I'm out of ideas here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

everlast

Hi Peter,

I tried with the driver, it fixed the problem. Thanks a lot Peter!!!!

123skuska

hallo

i have same problem with toshiba L450D-11W

Part no: PSLY5E-00R01LEN  (UK model)

i am wondered if there is also exist some version of DHMI control manager for this my laptop

thanks

Pekeyan

I have a Satelite A300 and my HDMI connection suddenly stopped working. it is not the cable as my daughter's laptop works with it. Have reinstalled the HDMI devices but no joy. Even system restore has not solved the problem. What can I do?

Peter

nickel, try reinstalling your display driver.

Intel Display Driver(v8.15.10.2430; 07-22-2011; 84.34M)

Devin, you tried reinstalling these?

Intel Display Driver(v8.15.10.2189; 02-16-2011; 30.76M)

HDMI Control Manager(v2.0.0.5.64; 04-05-2010; 12.85M)

everlast, I'm glad to hear it's working for you!

123skuska, I don't have information about that model. You'll want to contact Toshiba in your region.

Pekeyan, what's your full model number? Check the label on the bottom.

- Peter
Pekeyan

Hi Peter, 

My model number is A300-1MC Model PSAG8E-00W00TEN

Yan

Peter

I don't have any downloads for that model because it's not from the US. This site only officially supports the US. However, I'd recommend you find the Toshiba site for your region and look for display drivers and HDMI drivers to install.

- Peter
Ivan_H

Hello all, I don't know if you've tried this, but I had the same problem and finally discovered that I was using a wrong hdmi cable.  Depending on your TV and laptop, you may have to switch between a regular hdmi, high speed or 3D cable to get the connection working.  As a quick test, try using your cable with your regular blu-Ray player to see if it works.  Furthermore, for the more tech savvy people, your laptop may not be able to output the required resolution and frequency the TV needs to display a picture.  If all of this works, but not on your laptop then you're back to trying Peter's suggestions.

bturanb

I'm having the same problem, the hdmi port stopped working all of a sudden. I performed a system restore to a point when it did work but it didnt help. Any suggestions?

The model of my laptop is L745-S4210

Thanks,

Bulent

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Satellite L745-S4210 Specifications

Satellite L745-S4210 Downloads

Let's try to reinstall your core chipset and display drivers. As HDMI is mainly meant for video purposes, the display driver normally handles HDMI. Download these files to your desktop and double click to install them in this order:

Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility

Intel Display Driver

Please let us know if this helps. Good luck.

Mike

bturanb

While I was in the middle of installing the second file, I connected it to the monitor via hdmi and it was working. Is it possible that installing the first file solved the problem?

Thanks

Bulent