Jeab

HD/DVD player not working

I have a toshiba satellite A205 -S6812 notebook and I tried watching DVD.  I cannot get the HD/DVD player application to play. I get an error message saying "Unable to output the video to an external device. Please switch your display device by pressing Fn+F5 keys after ending this application."

I have been pressing Fn+F5 but to no avail, by the way Fn+F5 only displayas LCD option. I am not trying to project to any output device or whatsoever, i just wanted to watch DVD on my laptop.   Can someone tell me whats wrong with output device the player is asking for.... Thanks

Frequent Advisor
lilmaqi

Re: HD/DVD player not working

Try to reinstall the player

app_hd_dvd_player_os2007368a.exe

Jeab

hello, thanks for the suggestion. where can i get that executable file to reinstall the player =)  if search for my that file in my harddrive but it seems i dont have the file..can i download that in here?

Many thanks again ...

Frequent Advisor
lilmaqi

[ Edited ]
tucson11

Re: HD/DVD player not working/Firewire 1394

This may not be the right place to ask this. I need to find a firewire 1394 PC card compatible for a satellite a205-s5800.  All laptop firewire cards do not fit the pc card slot on my laptop.  Any ideas?

Frequent Advisor
Pensacola_Tiger

Re: HD/DVD player not working/Firewire 1394

tucson11 wrote:

This may not be the right place to ask this. I need to find a firewire 1394 PC card compatible for a satellite a205-s5800.  All laptop firewire cards do not fit the pc card slot on my laptop.  Any ideas?

Your laptop does not have a PC Card slot.  It has the newer ExpressCard slot.  You'll need an ExpressCard Firewire adapter.

av8r838

I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S7458 & I have the same problem, but I already went to the Toshiba site & downloaded the HD DVD player but the same thing happens.

I have a Toshiba Dynadock hooked up to my LCD screen so I thought that might be the problem. I undocked - no change. I get the "Unable to output ...  ... pressing Fn + F5 ..." message too but that does nothing.

Ant suggestions?

QwikSilvrGrl

Hello!  I have a Satellite A205 - S7464 running Vista Home Premium...  My HD DVD player has not worked for quite some time (over a year, at least) and for a while I could by-pass this and use the HD DVD LAUNCHER.  Now, that no longer works either...  the Launcher opens in a new window with a huge cursor and says to adjust playback resolution....  the message I get with the HD DVD player is "Module(s) needed for this application is(are) missing.  If re-starting the application does not fix the problem, please re-install the application." 

I believe I was able to successfully re-install the player at some point, but the issue is not resolved, because I have since gotten messages that it is "NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY"  ?!?!?!?!?

I have followed the links here to re-install, 

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/do​wnloads/app_hd_dvd_player_os2007368a.exe

and now the message I receive is that a newer version is already installed and the unzip cannot be completed!!!

Installed, but incorrectly!  And the installed version is WRONG, but blocking updates!!!

WHERE do I go from here?!?!

Thanks!!!