Occasional Contributor
omarharb
Accepted Solution

FN + F6&f7 not working

[ Edited ]

Hi

FN + F6&f7 not working in my Toshiba satellite A355-S6925 ... windows7 32 bit

And when I press FN no thing shows on the screen it seems all Fn functions is not working corect

So any solution

Omar

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: FN + F6&f7 not working

[ Edited ]

Satellite A355-S6925

Are all your other 'Fn' + 'Fx' key combinations working, except Fn + 'F6' & 'F7'?

If that is the case try going into Device Manager by typing in   devmgmt.msc    and clicking on this file. Then click on the arrow beside 'Display adapters', double click on the 'Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD' adapter, next click on the 'Driver' tab, look at the 'Driver Version:'  if it is a higher number than v8.15.10.1883, then try clicking on the 'Roll Back Driver' button, until you get back to the above version number.  Then try 'Fn' + 'F6' 'F7' again and see if its working.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
omarharb

Hi mike

first my Intel Graphics Media not found it show to me when i click beside display adapters mobile intel(R) 4 series Express Chipset family & when i click on it i found the  'Driver Version like this exactly v8.15.10.1883

So what to do know 

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

If the 'Flash Cards' don't appear at the top of the screen when you hit the 'Fn' key, then click the 'Start' button and type the word flash in the search field. In the programs that appear at the top, you should see 'Restart Flash Cards' and 'Settings for Flash Cards'. First, click on 'Restart Flash Cards', then again click on 'Start' and type in the word flash in the search field. This time click on 'Settings for Flash Cards', and make sure there is NOT a check mark on 'Disable all function keys', click 'Apply' and 'OK'.  Then try the Function keys/Flash cards again.

If this doesn't work, download and install these utilities in this order. Reboot as necessary.

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (32)

Toshiba Flash Cards Support Utility for Windows 7/Vista (32/64bit)

If necessary repeat the 'Flash Card' paragraph at top.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
omarharb

Hi again

1st I have already the Toshiba Value Added Package

2nd when I install the  Toshiba Flash Cards Support Utility the touchpad & keyboard stopped working

So what should I do

Super Advisor
miker643

The keyboard stopped working? You cannot use the laptop's keyboard at all now? Or exactly what functions of the keyboard stopped working? Be specific.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
omarharb

ya all of keyboard + touchpad & when I remove it, they work again

Super Advisor
miker643

1st I have already the Toshiba Value Added Package

2nd when I install the  Toshiba Flash Cards Support Utility the touchpad & keyboard stopped working

So what should I do

Please try to follow the steps you are given, NOT second guess them. Try it again.  This time REinstall the Toshiba Value Added Package FIRST, THEN reinstall the Toshiba Flash Card Utility.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
omarharb

[ Edited ]

I do what you ask me but when I finish & restart my laptop the touchpad &keyboard stopped working completely

& I check the device manger the LPC interface controller have beside it yellow triangle.... I roll back driver the keyboard & touchpad work again but the FN still not working

******* Notice *******  I install from long time Jmicron flash media controller drive .... Any problem it makes with flash cards?? 

Super Advisor
miker643

Try to reload these drivers in this order:

Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility for Windows 7 (32/64)

Intel Robson Technology Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

Intel Display Driver for Windows 7 (32)

Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

Toshiba Registry Patch for Windows7 Devices and Printers (32/64)

Utility Support Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

Does everything install correctly?  Do you still have any more yellow triangles in Device Manager?

Mike

Occasional Contributor
omarharb

Thank you MIKE you are realy fantastic

The  FN works after i install Utility Support Driver

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

You're very welcome. I'm just glad to hear that it worked out for you Omar.

Also Omar, I would recommend that you go into Windows Update, and click on 'Change settings' on the menu on the left side. Under 'Important updates' click on the arrow on the right side of the drop down menu. Then choose 'Download updates but let me choose to install them'.  When Windows Update tells you that it has updates to install, review them carefully. NEVER let Windows update change or update your Toshiba drivers.

Good luck!

Mike

Occasional Contributor
omarharb

OK

RaviJ

FN + F6&f7 not working A25-S279

Hi,

I recently upgraded the satellite A25-S279 to 1GB RAM & 160GB hard disk and installed XP. After which, Fn + any functions keys, are not working. Could anyone suggest what drivers i need to enable this facility. I tried downloading and installing of "Toshiba Utilities for Windows XP/2000"," Toshiba Display Hotkey Utility for Windows XP","Toshiba Controls for Windows XP/2000". Still the same!!

Thanks