Hardrockchina
Accepted Solution

Dual monitors, cannot get the dualview or extend desktop to show, FN-F5 shows external monitor

Running a Qosmio Q305 Q706.  I have an external monitor attached and it shows on the NVIDIA control panel.  Here's the problem.   I can switch between one (Laptop LCD) or the other (External LCD) but CANNOT get the dual mode to show where I can mirror or extend my desktop.

I have uninstalled the video drivers and reinstalled.

Tried to boot and then attached the external LCD screen

Attached and booted

I got it to work once (not sure why) and the next time i powered up back to the same problem.  No errors in the device mamanger. 

I contacted Toshoba support and was raised to a higher level problem so the support rep had to pass off to a supv.  Was told they would call me right back.  Never heard back from Toshiba.

Any ideas!!!

Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Dual monitors, cannot get the dualview or extend desktop to show, FN-F5 shows external monitor

Qosmio X305-Q706 

Maybe this Vista stuff from Microsoft helps.

Set up multiple monitors

-Jerry
Hardrockchina

Re: Dual monitors, cannot get the dualview or extend desktop to show, FN-F5 shows external monitor

I solved the problem!!!!!  It was the power settings...so strange.  The NVIDIA chipset was closing off the dualview under the AC/Battery power settings.  Had nothing to do with the display drivers.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Glad you got it solved. Thanks for letting us know the situation.

The NVIDIA chipset was closing off the dualview under the AC/Battery power settings.  Had nothing to do with the display drivers.

Strange indeed. I wouldn't have thought to look there.

Mind sharing what detective work led you to that discovery?

-Jerry